1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1601 vs Sherwood RVD6095

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rob Dyer, Jan 18, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Rob Dyer

Rob Dyer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Scan 2000 DVD player and a Sharp XVC1E projector. I'm thinking of getting one of the above amps to power a set of Mission Cinema 6 speakers (not yet purchased).

I know from Richer Sounds that the Sherwood has just been reissued (under a new model number) possibly with some internal tweaking at their same bargain price of £199.95.

Does anyone have any views on which is the better amp to go for? I'm new to this game so please be gentle with me. ;-)

Cheers

2. Digikid

Digikid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be selective about what Amps/receivers you choose, the Sherwood will sound good to you simply because you've never had one before!!

To save time and money later on buy the best amp you can now, if its only a choice between the Denon and sherwood, I would recommend the Denon. The Sherwoods are fair enough but there are better Amps to be had for the money...i know i've just upgraded from a Sherwood to a Sony.

At the end of the day try auditioning suitable amps, its fine taking our word for it, our tastes are different to yours and you might find the Sherwood better than the Denon!!

I hope this helps.

Digi.