1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1356XP

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by RupeMart, Oct 22, 2005.

1. RupeMart

RupeMart
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This model seems to be new to the UK. I can't find any retailer listing it on their web site - are there any out there and how much is it?

The Denon UK web site is showing only the following:

DHT-1356DV consists of AVR-1306 (Amplifier Receiver) & SYS-56HT (5.1 speakers)
    - Pure Audio Construction
    - Discrete wide-range 5ch amplifier with 5 x 110 W at 8ohms impedance
    - Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic ll
    - DTS, DTS Neo:6 Cinema / Neo:6 Music, DTS 96/24
    - 32-bit floating point DSP, full 96kHz processing, 192 kHz DACs
    - D/A converter 24-bit / 192-kHz
    - Night Mode, 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital imputs, Front A/V imput
    - 4 Audio and Composite Video inputs, 2 Tape loops
    - Binding post speaker terminals for all channels
    - 56 Preset Memory
    - SYS-56HT 5.1 Speaker system European sound tuned
    - Active Subwoofer 50W (peak) Amp

2. RupeMart

RupeMart
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I haven't found any UK prices, but it's on sale for 499 EUR (RRP?) which currently exchanges to 337 GBP. Still haven't found any UK suppliers.

3. Soundless

Soundless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    RupeMart,

Don't do this to me. I have just decided on the 500SD and now you are going to make me rethink my decision ;) ;)

So I guess the 1356XP doesn't have progressive scan by the look of it - so I assume this model coming in a little lower that the 500SD.

Soundless

4. Woodywizz

Woodywizz
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,579
    Soundless,

The 1356xp is not a "Home Cinema in a Box" like the 500SD, in other words the 1356XP does not include a DVD player. The 1356XP is an amplifier/receiver and a set of 5.1 speakers; that is why you cannot find any mention of progressive scan in the product specs listed by Rupemart - because there is no dvd player, you will need to hook it up to a separate dvd. If the 1356XP is £300k circa then, as an alternative to the SD500, I would suggest hooking up the system to the Denon DVD 1920 - very good player with HDMI output (which the SD500 does not have) - costs approx £200. I have yet to find a review of the 1356XP yet, if you can find one then please mail me.

Hope this helps.

Matt

5. RupeMart

RupeMart
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    More info...

It seems to come in two versions: 1356XP and 1356DV. The DV version is the same as the XP version and includes a DVD-1720 for about 110 EUR more. Still searching for UK information.

6. Soundless

Soundless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5

7. RupeMart

RupeMart
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Just to clarify my description of XP and DV that was slightly vague: XP is just receiver/amplifier and speakers, DV is same as XP but also includes the DVD-1720. At least in other countries. And the text quoted in the first post possibly includes a typo by Denon (it was cut-n-pasted from their site) - it's under 1356XP yet the description shows 1356DV.

The XP and DV are shown on the German Denon site, but only the XP is shown on the UK Denon site. Maybe we won't get the DV. Maybe Denon just haven't completed updating their site.

I've been waiting a long time for the right system to come along. I'm still using RGB SCART on a good CRT and have no intention of upgrading in the near or slightly distant future, so video switching (component or HDMI) on the receiver would be a waste of money for me. As this model is virtually 100% audio (though it does have composite video switching, which I'll never use anyway), hopefully it will be at a very nice price. I already have a good DVD player and XBOX, so with the two digital inputs everything can be connected.