1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 1082 / 3802 Remote Issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jalpert, May 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. jalpert

jalpert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this is the right place for this, my question is about the remote that was bundled with my 1082 / 3802 denon reciver that arrived today. The issue is that the remote will not learn from my Sharp tv remote. The onboard codes almost work, everything but the volume was there, but the volume keys control the onscreen menu, which have the sleep timer etc in it. When I try and flash the denon remote it gives me the okay signal, says "learned" or something like that but when I attempt to use the remote on the tv, nothing happens. On the LCD screen, it appears it's trying to control the tv. Here is what I've done.

1.) New batteries in all remotes
    2.) Tried to learn from other remotes to make sure I am doing the procedure correctly (all other remotes learn fine)
    3.) Tried to flash denon remote from 3rd party universal learning remote (Sony VL9000, both from onboard code and learned response)
    4.) Tried to flash at different distances, different angles, held buttons down for different amounts of time
    5.) Autosearched, TV was also operated by a Dwin code, but again, no volume.

I really like this remote and will be dissapointed if I can't use it because of this one simple quirk. If there is anyone out there who has some insight for me, my next move is to go to target and buy a couple different universal remotes to see if it will successfully flash the denon remote, but I'd like to avoid doing that. Anyways, thanks!

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    I have a similar problem with my JVC TV and my Denon's Aktis remote, it won't operate the TV menu's despite learning the commands. In the end I gave up and just use the TV's remote!:rolleyes:

Another option would be to buy yourself a Pronto, by all accounts they are the best remotes around.

3. jalpert

jalpert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like the Pronto is a little out of my price range for a remote control :)