Denim X2400 and Bose Acoutimass or Denon Helps Soundbar

Mantishead

Standard Member
A little guidance / advice please...

I have a Sony DTR1040, Bose Acoutimass (quite old), LG 55 Oled (new), SkyQ and PS4.

I can't get 4K HDSCP through the receiver which controls all with TV arc sending back to receiver. So long story short I need to make a change.

Question is given I only have two sources and the Bose system is a bit old/rubbish am I over killing by getting a new Denon X2400. Would it be better/easier to ditch a receiver all together and simply get a Soundbar and sun and send two inputs direct to TV and arc to Soundbar. Maybe with a view to adding wireless heos speakers in future.

Or am I likely to be more disappointed than I imagine by dropping the old 5.1 for a bar and sub.

I'm probably not as avid a home cinema fan as I once wash favouring convenience and slick operation to multiple remotes and weird and wonderful switching configs.

A friend has a Sonos Soundbar and I often think it sounds punchier than my 5.1.

A £500 receiver feels overkill for what amounts to 4k signal processing, source switching and driving an ageing 5.1 system.

Love your input.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom