Denim AVR x2700 - Center channel muted for multichannel streamed movies

ciekawy

Novice Member
Got x2700h only for 3 days, Tried number of setups so far and in most cases center sound is very low. I saw some similar threads here but with no real solution. I experience the problem with streaming services like Apple TV+, Prime Video, Netflix with either PS5 or Apple TV devices - both connected with HDMI.
I switched from old AVR-2406 where for any input there was an auto option for audio and it was properly handling either DD5.1, DTS, LPCM - even now - I use Apple TV device and the sound is ok (including proper volume of center channel) and I am sure I know how the proper centre volume sound like.

For the new x2700h I tried two options - automatic (with and without atmos) and force transcode to DD5.1 - in either case was unable to get reasonable centre channel volume. I’d expect to have “auto” mode where the audio is properly recreated from the incoming native format.
Actually sometimes I manage to hear centre channel properly after choosing “multi channel audio” though in my opinion this is artificially creates surround after downmixing incoming stream. I may need to do more case bu case checks which I’ll probably do next weekend. I am just surprised there is no oridinary - play what’s incoming with clear information on incoming signal (DD, atmos, DTS etc).

Appreciate any suggestions

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom