1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

demos with sky

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by curleous, Jan 14, 2005.

1. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone tell me if there are any stores or shops that can demo plasmas with a sky box signal as i really need to see the pq from sky before i purchase my new plasma, as 99% of viewing will be sky.

Thanks

Curleous

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I can see your logic, but you should audition TV's on the best possible source, so any shortcomings will then be the fault of the TV and not the source. What you are doing is akin to test driving a Mini, Golf, BMW 7, Mercedes, and a Rolls Royce, but only on 2* petrol :)

3. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I also wanted to see what sky+ looked like on a panasonic pw6 before i bought it, but i did'nt find anywhere with it on only dvd. so i've ordered it now anyway with the js rgb to vga converter. we have an 85% signal on are sky+ which is very good so hopefully it'll look great on the strong channels we watch. if not i'm a dead man with the GF :laugh: it's gonna be used for sky the most as we have a sanyo Z2 for films.

4. curleous

curleous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ....thanks for the replies i will just have to try them as you say with best source and hope that sky is ok. I will have to read the thread about the JS converter for sky as i beleieve this improves the picture from the sky box.

Thanks

Curleous

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are dealers who can offer Sky/FV demos where are you?

6. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    I live in leeds which is full of places that sell this screen but none of them had it setup with sky/FV only dvd. i tried sevenoaks-richer sounds that shop had it in the window (how the hell you meant to get a good look at it there) also went to empire in Bradford that had normal tv running through some tuner box. but i trust people like Hornydragon and MAW that have said sky looks ok on this panel. see you 2 soon if it does'nt. :devil: ;)