Demons Souls

I thought you had to hold to lock on, but easier now. What's pissed me off was I was doing well, got past the dragon bit, had just used pine resin and was going down a staircase and the camera screwed up and I fell, I was OK but it did it again and I fell even further then sodding died!! Arggggggghhhhh ***.

I thought you had to hold to lock on, but easier now. What's pissed me off was I was doing well, got past the dragon bit, had just used pine resin and was going down a staircase and the camera screwed up and I fell, I was OK but it did it again and I fell even further then sodding died!! Arggggggghhhhh ***.
We've (ps3 DS veterans) all been there, at least the camera is much improved now vs the original, and you don't have a 2 minute loading time wait.

Every cloud and all that :D

Yay, starting to get a bit better. Just killed phalanx. Do you go to the nexus then kill yourself now?

Yay, starting to get a bit better. Just killed phalanx. Do you go to the nexus then kill yourself now?
Dont need to kill yourself, some bad guy will help you with that when you enter the next area :D

Likewise matey. Its always been my favourite. The visuals are amazing. Its pretty much a dream come true. I always wanted a remake which was literally a beat by beat remake but with enhanced visuals, audio and performance. Bluepoint have nailed it. Give them the keys for any potential other souls game remakes i say.

Hope you're well btw dude. Long time no speak :)
I know what you mean mate, I’ve been excited about this one as soon as I heard it was coming out and it has met my expectations and then some! I agree that Bluepoint have done a pretty perfect job for me. I know some people have suggested that they should have improved the original in certain ways, but for me it only really needed updating visually and sonically (and perhaps the controls a little). That’s exactly what they have done with this. Have put around 10.5 hours in so far (soul level 30 on my knight build) and it feels like 10 minutes lol. I’d have put even more in if I hadn’t been obsessed by Plating Astro lol.

I’m doing well thanks mate and I hope all is well with you too. I’ve only occasionally popped on here in the last few years. Went through a divorce, moved house twice, started a new business etc. but have a new partner now and things have settled down now :). I’ve also been more preoccupied with retro gaming and collecting than playing current gen stuff. Played some Dark Souls 3 and Forza Horizon 4 mainly. How’s things with you?

I think it's finally starting to click - I've got through to Phalanx and will give him a go tomorrow. I decided to go back to Nexus to spend my souls on some better weaponry before saving for the night.

Just got update 1.002.000 :smashin: hope it fixes the crashes.

I'm up for co-op if anyone struggling* and note you can have up to 4 people in co-op!
Host + 3 blue phantoms (and up to 2 red invaders), so co-op could really help get people thru tricky bits.

EDIT: demo of co-op, thanks unknown PUG people

(disclaimer: i can only say i'll do my best)

Last edited:
Is this anyone here's copy :D

oqf0sx6slk061.jpg

Using the winged spear, still can't back stab!

Using the winged spear, still can't back stab!
Try to line up with your weapon hand rather than your whole body, the window is quite narrow.

Co-op is working pretty smoothly :smashin:

Go to Options; Settings; Network; Password requirement On; enter a password (like "avf"); and as long as both host and summonees passwords match, should be straight in.

Dying to get back to this later today. Speaks volumes of how good it is. That’s with me having left off with a death yesterday. I’m currently on the arch stone that stays off in a prison. Not really following the stones in order. This place was like a maze. I ended up dying to some blob with a load of pinchers but the magic done me in. I realised melee combat wasn’t ideal so went to run off and got shot in the back! 😂

managed to free some sage but still need to get a key to free some other dude that apparently will clear a pathway if my tendency is white. Any ideas where to find said key people?

Co-op is working pretty smoothly :smashin:

Go to Options; Settings; Network; Password requirement On; enter a password (like "avf"); and as long as both host and summonees passwords match, should be straight in.

God that part brings back stressful memories :laugh:

Killed the first boss. Whoop.

Don't judge me but playing with a guide. I missed the first shortcut, so I was struggling to even get to the first boss. Once you can level up, things become far less frustrating.

My multiple failures actually made the boss a doddle. Got him first time as I had so many firebombs.

Mmm. Think I’ve wasted 70 quid here. Never played this before.

I read it was going to be hard, but not that you have to keep playing it over and over again.

Im bored already. Can get a way up this first castle but the same huge geezer just runs at me and kills me every time.

Im not replaying stuff over and over again.

Should have bought the disc. Child like error.

Mmm. Think I’ve wasted 70 quid here. Never played this before.

I read it was going to be hard, but not that you have to keep playing it over and over again.

Im bored already. Can get a way up this first castle but the same huge geezer just runs at me and kills me every time.

Im not replaying stuff over and over again.

Should have bought the disc. Child like error.
You're where I was an hour into Bloodborne.

Persevere. All the dying and struggling in this initial opening area will set you up for the rest of the game. The two locked metal gates on either side of the big gate are relatively easy to unlock if you follow a guide. Once you've leveled up after the first boss, you can charge around the first level like Arnie.

I am enjoying it more but I do find the items etc overwhelming

I will give it another go, read that guide and got a shot of confidence.

Feel free to quote this when I rant about still being at the start of the bridge in 2 days time 🙃

Well I used the firebombs so no chance of moving on
If you have Pine Resin, you can apply that to your weapon and it will light it on fire for 60 seconds, also great against the Phalanx Boss.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom