Demons Souls

Is that like the Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC human error?
This and other PS5 "Exclusives" will come to PC. Makes business sense just like cross gen.

To be clear, I don’t really care if they come to PC or not.

But HZD is already released on PC and Demon's Souls is not coming. Someone made a mistake on the graphic so they clarified and took the video down to correct it.

IMO the HZD release is a test case to see if it is worthwhile to release on PC because if it is then it helps them monetise the tail.

I've heard from a friend who used to work for Bandai Namco (and helped launch the original game + Dark Souls) that Sony paid rather good money for the IP, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I was a PC or Xbsx gamer tbh.

Looking at the gameplay trailer, it does seem to make really nice use of the faster loading - near-instant teleport at 1:31, and the animations and visuals in general are top notch, but I am not sure I am a fan of the excessive grunting from the player character. Every single hit seems to be accompanied by a grunt.

Can't wait for this. Loved playing it on PS3 and always regret trading in my Black Phantom Edition at Game a few years back. Looked stunning in the footage last night.

This looks so new and so familiar at the same time. I don't recall one hitting those dudes, but I do recall dying instantly on that boss :D

This looks so new and so familiar at the same time. I don't recall one hitting those dudes, but I do recall dying instantly on that boss :D

Over levelled to get to the boss fight quicker.

I cant wait for this. I had never heard of fromsoft until we got bloodborne on PS+. I loved that. Totally sucked but loved it. I needed to be way over levelled to complete it but I did. I am only one trophy from the platinum but cant complete the chalice dungeons.

I then got DS3 but found that much harder and am stuck on the nameless king and two princes fight right at the end :(

I assume demon souls is more like DS than bloodborne but cant wait. Probably the only day one title I'll get.

I then got DS3 but found that much harder and am stuck on the nameless king and two princes fight right at the end :(
If you are really stuck, try summoning.

First impressions:

Great visual fidelity, very smooth animations, and it looks like the boss designs are very true to the original. Obviously this gameplay demo was “modded” a bit to show off as much of the level as possible before the boss fight (hence one-shotting the blue-eyed knight with a single two-handed strike).

However, it looks like the gameplay speed has been boosted quite a lot – attacks look a bit fast and light for my taste, the animations don’t seem to have much weight compared to the original.
Hopefully we can adjust player voice volume separately (still don't like the excessive grunting).
I’d like to see more of the game before I make any judgment, but it doesn’t look like that hazy, dreamy golden visual style from the original has been maintained, which is a real shame. Perhaps a "classic" filter would do the trick?
I am also really keen to hear how the online component works, and what Fractured Mode is.

Also, fix that last archstone already! It's been broken for over 10 years now. :laugh:

Never played this, so a nice brucie bonus when the time comes.

Must say some of the visuals are looking tremendous.

Wish I could but no summoning signs for NPCs at these two bosses.

Official pre-order site is up: Demon's Souls - PS5 Game

Pre-order now and receive*:

• The Reaper Scythe weapon - Once wielded by sorcerers who commanded the spirits of the dead. A pole weapon with a curved blade on one end that is so sharp that they say it can sever your soul from your body. The Reaper Scythe can mow down many targets in a single blow but is difficult to handle and requires both strength and dexterity to use.
*Internet connection required to redeem bonus DLC.

Oh come on... Pre-order bonus weapons? That's hardly in keeping with the Souls spirit (pun intended)

FWIW, Nameless King is completely optional. If you want, I can help you past them at some point - just add me on PSN. :)

You often have to do something earlier to get the summons. Might be worth a quick google - you might come up with something

Here's a comparison video of the gameplay trailer and the PS3 version of the same segment with notes on some of the changes:

Edit: The difference in detail from scene to scene is quite spectacular. And yeah that SSD speed is definitely having an impact on loading times... :eek:

1600349168930.png

Last edited:
blo0dy reskins!

There was no health bar visible on the PS5 ver?

There was no health bar visible on the PS5 ver?

I think they disabled most of the UI for the demo, just to show as much "pure game" as possible - I didn't see any lock-on marker either (although the player might have just not used it ofc). Or maybe it is extra hard mode without UI (like Grounded Mode on TLoU) :laugh:

A must buy for me even though I have a very poor record with these games.......I have played the three Dark Souls and Bllodboune and not finished a single one of them! Too hard for a limited gamer like me, but fantastic to play until I get stuck.

Vaati's take on the new trailer - some good observations on the more subtle changes

Looks like God of War in a few ways. The movement looked very similar, as did the actions with the weapon and shield.

This of course is not a bad thing.

Looks like God of War in a few ways. The movement looked very similar, as did the actions with the weapon and shield.
Looks can be deceptive.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom