Demons Souls

Come on Bluepoint! Give me access to that 6th archstone!!!

Both Shu Yoshida and Herman Hulst have been tweeting about Demon's Souls on PS5, suggests to me that this is lined up for launch.

I’m struggling to be excited for this- the graphics look outstanding but I’ve always found these games too much like hard work (after enjoying the first 5-6 hours or so) and it’s missing a bit of something with it being a ps3 game underneath the hood after all.

This is the one I’m looking forward to more than any other. Really excited for it.

I'll certainly give this another go. Plenty of use from the SSD with my many deaths. So should be back in the action quick enough.

Fast loading definitely lends itself to this type of game. The devs said that when you die you're pretty much re-spawned instantly to get straight back into the action.

I have never played it, does it have different difficulty levels or is it just simply rock hard?

I have never played it, does it have different difficulty levels or is it just simply rock hard?
Simply rock hard. I remember i got it on Plus on PS3 and had spent a good while playing then died and was back at the very start of the game. Uninstalled it.

I'll certainly give this another go. Plenty of use from the SSD with my many deaths. So should be back in the action quick enough.
I am not sure you are made of the right stuff for Souls, pal! :D

“FF.S!”

I think I may pick this one up and give it a go.

I remember importing the Korean version back in the day to see what all the fuss was about. Due to the foreign text, I couldn't get into it, so I flogged it and bought the US version on its release and the difference was night and day. What a game! Up to that point, videogame difficulty had become so diluted that Demons Souls seemed almost unfair. It wasn't, but the punishing difficultly, particularly in the early stages put a lot of people off and the whinging on various forums was comical. Once you'd levelled up, however, it became much easier.

One thing I loved about it was, you couldn't button mash. It wasn't a mindless combo game, so you had to learn or you'd die - endlessly - and make the game even harder...!! And the bosses..!! Jeez, the first time I attempted some of those I was like - WTF, and the cherry on the cake; if you were online, players could invade your game at will and kill you, or take a bosses place as an opponent (the Old Monk) - that was genius.

I had so many highs with this game that it will forever be my favourite Souls game. Downing some of those bosses, particularly, the later bosses created moments of absolute euphoria. Yes, Dark souls expanded on the concept and did pretty much everything better, but we were all prepared for it because they couldn't shock us twice. Demons being the first was a nightmare out of nowhere.

It is by far, the best risk vs reward game I have ever played and I'll definitely be buying the updated version.

I hope this does make the launch line up, though I am not expecting it to. I am a little sad that this 100 year old game with same glitter on top is the only game that interests me from all that have been revealed so far. Horizon I am sure will turn my head when we see some more, but so far, just this.

Nice. Happy to see most of these games are looking improved versus the initial reveal.

Best looking game (by far) on the showcase tonight IMO. This looks next gen, which is a bit ironic.

My PTSD flaired up seeing that trailer :confused: Like that fire dragon(?) down the long tunnel, that took a few goes iirc.

Looks amazeballs though! Like those nipple-tentacles :eek:

EDIT: @Cha1ky your video is private?

I hope the SSD is as quick as they state, I can see this loading on my PS5 rather frequently during my play sessions.

My PTSD flaired up seeing that trailer :confused: Like that fire dragon(?) down the long tunnel, that took a few goes iirc.

Looks amazeballs though! Like those nipple-tentacles :eek:

EDIT: @Cha1ky your video is private?
They've taken it down, maybe removing the PC part.

Confirmed now that it’s not coming to PC. Was a mistake due to “human error”, will be updated.

Confirmed now that it’s not coming to PC. Was a mistake due to “human error”, will be updated.

Is that like the Horizon Zero Dawn coming to PC human error?
This and other PS5 "Exclusives" will come to PC. Makes business sense just like cross gen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom