Demons Souls

1591917264274.png
1591917313242.png
1591917327577.png
1591917341668.png

It’s a funny one this remake- the new graphics look great, but definitely appear to have a different tone to the original and that has got to effect the mood of the thing.

ALL. OVER. THIS.

"This remake invites players to experience the original brutal challenge, completely rebuilt from the ground up and masterfully enhanced with a new 'Fractured Mode.' In addition to beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing, players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate."

Did this have a date attached?

If there's an easy mode I'd be interested.

If there's an easy mode I'd be interested.

I sometimes think that, but then the brutal nature of these games is part of their atmosphere. I bought bloodborne- loved it, didn’t get very far, gave up. I bought the last Dark souls- loved it, didn’t get very far, gave up. I refuse to be tricked a third time!

Even though there was no date attached to this I would not be surprised if this was a launch title.

I'm not reading anything into the lack of dates on the first party games at this stage. Sony know that they need launch window titles and at least 2 or 3 of the 7 1st party published games without a date must surely be launch titles.

I sometimes think that, but then the brutal nature of these games is part of their atmosphere. I bought bloodborne- loved it, didn’t get very far, gave up. I bought the last Dark souls- loved it, didn’t get very far, gave up. I refuse to be tricked a third time!
I couldn’t get past that dog at the start. After 6 months I tried again and finally did it then I didn’t have a scooby doo about the menu system, the inventory and the controls. So I binned it off. Maybe im
getting too old for stuff like that.

It took me a good few goes to get past that dog (Souls virgin) and then once I did, it just clicked. Still need to finish the chalice dungeons for the platinum :/

I remember reading about Demon Souls in a magazine years ago and going to my local gamestop to ask if they had a release date. They guy had never heard of it and had no record of it on their system and that just intruiged me more.

Its a definite buy for me, even if I did die 100+times playing the original

When we got it for free on Plus I spent about 2 hours slowly going through it. I got 1 shotted by something and when the game reloaded I was back at the very start. I un-installed the game and have never gone back since. I might just dabble again in the future with this......might.

When we got it for free on Plus I spent about 2 hours slowly going through it. I got 1 shotted by something and when the game reloaded I was back at the very start. I un-installed the game and have never gone back since. I might just dabble again in the future with this......might.

A @Cha1ky , I thought you were more resilient then that

I never replayed it because of having other games to get through when it was added to plus, but I'll have to try the new PS5 verion

A @Cha1ky , I thought you were more resilient then that

I never replayed it because of having other games to get through when it was added to plus, but I'll have to try the new PS5 verion
DIdnt get too far into Bloodborne and did the same on that too :laugh::laugh:

I was EXACTLY the same, but have since gone on to complete Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 a couple time’s so I might be tempted.

Might be sacrilege I know, but I do think these games would benefit from a full and proper coop mode, and not the fiddly half one they tend to have.

Might be sacrilege I know, but I do think these games would benefit from a full and proper coop mode, and not the fiddly half one they tend to have.

Hopefully they have added this in the newer version. Something like they have in Nioh 2 would work fine

I am trying to contain my excitement until we see some actual gameplay footage, but so far, this looks like it is on a completely different level than Bluepoint's Dark Souls remaster...!

This was the only game presented by Shuhei Yoshida himself, and given his (alleged) personal history with the game ("something very near and dear to me") + the fact that Sony have had to pay quite a lot to get the European distrubution rights from Bandai Namco, it really seems like Sony are throwing a lot of money and effort into this one.

Edit: Best reaction video I've seen so far... :laugh:

Last edited:
One of the greatest gaming experiences I've had in the thirty or so years I've been playing games. Compared to Dark Souls, which is a masterpiece but it can be aloof and cold at times, Demon's Souls has so much heart and charm and some of the most memorable characters and bosses. Can't wait for this. You have a heart of gold. edit - Is it a launch title for the ps5? Will sell a lot of consoles for Sony.

What?!?!?!

They may as way release FIFA and take the ball away.
When you’ve platted binding of Isaac and got the 1,000,000 % for afterbirth + trophy then maybe you have the right to take the piss! Those lost and keeper runs still haunt me along with the ultra hard challenge.
I just aren’t very good at these type of games.
Anyway, I see there’s options to prioritise frame rate or fidelity , good to see. Max graphics and 30 FPS is what I want. Oh, and an easy mode . With no football.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom