Demons Souls

Downloaded this again the other day with the hope of actually completing it and I've beaten four of the bosses in the last couple of nights. When I played it before I was really struggling on some of the bosses which is why I ended up deleting it. Since installing it again I've progressed quite a fair bit and I've finished the second and third areas. Have a feeling I'm probably over-levelled because I've beaten some of the bosses first time and with relative ease, which is definitely unlike me.

Downloaded this again the other day with the hope of actually completing it and I've beaten four of the bosses in the last couple of nights. When I played it before I was really struggling on some of the bosses which is why I ended up deleting it. Since installing it again I've progressed quite a fair bit and I've finished the second and third areas. Have a feeling I'm probably over-levelled because I've beaten some of the bosses first time and with relative ease, which is definitely unlike me.
There's no such thing as over levelled, it's just being prepared :D

It's very pretty compared with the old version that I remember.

For the first time ever, I've even ponied up for a PS+ sub!

LurkingLawyer if anyone wants to add me, though I suspect the old hands I know from previous Souls games will have already long since completed it....

Well took the plunge and picked this up... never played a souls game before.

spent most evening’s this week doing playing as a royal

started again last night as a Templar knight and managed to do first boss😁

think I’ll retire now😂
I weirdly gets easier past a certain point.

I finally managed to get a PS5 and DS this week and have to say this game has given me my first really genuine wow 'this is next gen' moment :) It looks and plays absolutely great, quite jaw dropping in fact! Had my Series x for a while and that's great, I love all the improvements and the way games play but OMG - DS!! I did play the original back in the day, but this feels like a totally different game! Really looking foward to seeing what these consoles can do..
To be fair, although I do have both Cyberpunk and Valhalla for my X, I haven't played those hardly at all as my missus also bought me Ghost of Tsushima, and that's veen keeping me busy on my Pro since Christmas. I have played them both though, albeit not for long and although they do look great they don't quite have the wow factor that DS has.
Still get my arse kicked though!!
Feel free to add me :)

Finally feels like I'm making progress. Managed to finish 4-1 after double handing my weapon and also having some elixir and not trying to kill him from range up top. As that opened up 4-2 I levelled up a lot including adding a bit of Int and magic power (I'm melee normally) so I could finish 3-1. As this world was black I had the ring that means Black Phantoms could not find me so easily so I was able to handle these from afar with my new magic powers inc finishing the boss off at range and not moving from one pillar.

Not sure whether to do 2-1 next (the dragons hurt a lot when I run across the bridge). or explore more of 4-2 or 3-2.

Now I'm level 46 with tons of health items and the ability to farm 4-2 if needed I'm in such a better place. I still hate bosses though.

Last edited:
I finally managed to get a PS5 and DS this week and have to say this game has given me my first really genuine wow 'this is next gen' moment :) It looks and plays absolutely great, quite jaw dropping in fact! Had my Series x for a while and that's great, I love all the improvements and the way games play but OMG - DS!! I did play the original back in the day, but this feels like a totally different game! Really looking foward to seeing what these consoles can do..
To be fair, although I do have both Cyberpunk and Valhalla for my X, I haven't played those hardly at all as my missus also bought me Ghost of Tsushima, and that's veen keeping me busy on my Pro since Christmas. I have played them both though, albeit not for long and although they do look great they don't quite have the wow factor that DS has.
Still get my arse kicked though!!
Feel free to add me :)
Get GoT running on the PS5... Such an amazing upgrade.

Get GoT running on the PS5... Such an amazing upgrade.

Thanks - will do.

Bought myself a 4tb external hdd at the weekend as the previous 2tb was no longer large enough so have been busy storing my PS4 games on that. I had a 2tb in the Pro so not an issue then as had some games on that and some on the external, but am now just using the the drive in the PS5 for PS5 games only :)

I had forgotten just how much of a PITA 1-4 is, and in particular the blue dragon if you don't have the stats to wield a powerful bow.... Sigh.

Doesn't help that I keep buggering up the run to the dragon section, let alone the dragon section itself :rolleyes:

Think I'll go and do some of the other levels and come back when I've levelled up a bit more.

I had forgotten just how much of a PITA 1-4 is, and in particular the blue dragon if you don't have the stats to wield a powerful bow.... Sigh.

Doesn't help that I keep buggering up the run to the dragon section, let alone the dragon section itself :rolleyes:

Think I'll go and do some of the other levels and come back when I've levelled up a bit more.
Do you have ranged magic?

Yes, and I know I can use that to take out the dragon after it moves from its starting position to overhead the doorway.

When I played it on PS3, I had sufficient stats to take out the dragon in its starting position with a bow, so I didn't have to get the timing down to run past the first point.

TBH, it's more to do with me making daft errors with the red eye knights and the imperial spies you have to get past before the dragon. I'll get it eventually....

Ended up just running past Bluey after Biorr got killed and it was too hard to kill it on subsequent runs without his distraction.

Just 5-2 and 5-3 left - and I've only summoned once, which is new Souls territory for me when I've traditionally summoned liberally.

(I did cheese Allant and the Old Hero with poison cloud and Thief Ring though. Old habits die hard :D)

Oh ***!

I completed world 4, got PWWT and picked up Magic Sword Makoto. Went to Satsuki to hand it over for the trophy and, knowing he'd attack me once he'd seen it, I had my finger poised over L1 to give him what for with Soul Ray once he aggro-ed.

Except I somehow managed to inadvertently apply enough pressure to shoot him before he'd finished his spiel about the sword and the trophy had unlocked :facepalm: Sigh.

Ho hum. I'll probably play NG+ anyway so it's not the end of the world. Annoying though ..... :mad:

(I did cheese Allant and the Old Hero with poison cloud and Thief Ring though. Old habits die hard :D)

Shame on you! :eek:
(i did too first run)

I did a clean up for NG+, with a bit of scum-saving to cut down a NG++ run being needed (boss souls to vendors). Glad you're enjoying it!

Scum-saving? I need to look at how to do that. Not sure I fancy a third playthrough - at least for the moment.

I've completed the first playthrough, killed King Allant under the Nexus and I'm just mopping up bits I missed and doing the PBWT stuff before moving on to NG+. I buggered up PWWT in a couple of the worlds and so missed the events but I guess that will wait until next time around.

All in all, it has been a real pleasure to play through again. It's a hell of a visual upgrade on the original. It felt a bit indulgent to buy a PS5 pretty much just to play this but I'm glad I did.

Scum-saving? I need to look at how to do that. Not sure I fancy a third playthrough - at least for the moment.

I've completed the first playthrough, killed King Allant under the Nexus and I'm just mopping up bits I missed and doing the PBWT stuff before moving on to NG+. I buggered up PWWT in a couple of the worlds and so missed the events but I guess that will wait until next time around.

All in all, it has been a real pleasure to play through again. It's a hell of a visual upgrade on the original. It felt a bit indulgent to buy a PS5 pretty much just to play this but I'm glad I did.

Scum saving is backing up an earlier save then, if you mess up and die or do something you’re unhappy with, overwriting the current save with the backed up save to erase your screw up and try again. An example with a Souls game would be dying, losing a ton of souls but reloading the back up to get them back.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the concept - just not how to do it on PS5 (largely being a member of The Other Tribe You Don't Talk About Over Here 😁)

I've googled it now and seen how it's done - I'll be doing that to save myself a third partial run for the miracles/Yuria spells.

In other news - man, I'd forgotten how much of a step up NG+ is.... 😳

Yeah, I'm familiar with the concept - just not how to do it on PS5 (largely being a member of The Other Tribe You Don't Talk About Over Here 😁)

I've googled it now and seen how it's done - I'll be doing that to save myself a third partial run for the miracles/Yuria spells.

In other news - man, I'd forgotten how much of a step up NG+ is.... 😳
It’s not bad if you don’t get hit 😂

Started NG+ around level 70, with the largest part of it loaded into INT and MAG - I think I'm going to need to grind out some levels and pump it into VIT!

I can't recall whether summoning level restrictions are more relaxed in NG+ - anyone remember? I'm a Sunbro at heart so I'm being summoned much more than I'm summoning, but it has been very quiet around the first couple of boss gates compared with NG.....

Started NG+ around level 70, with the largest part of it loaded into INT and MAG - I think I'm going to need to grind out some levels and pump it into VIT!

I can't recall whether summoning level restrictions are more relaxed in NG+ - anyone remember? I'm a Sunbro at heart so I'm being summoned much more than I'm summoning, but it has been very quiet around the first couple of boss gates compared with NG.....
About 30 in VIT should do you in NG+ Think I ended up with about 36 VIT by time I'd got to NG++

Although I really enjoyed playing it, I parked this a few weeks ago and haven't been back. After spending 20-odd hours and only completing four stages and 2 bosses, I decided I needed to spend my rare gaming time on games I actually had some prospect of completing!

Oof! NG+ Tower Knight took me far longer than it should have.

Just couldn't seem to get the dodging right, and he was hitting like a freight train.

Got him to a sliver of health left but made a daft mistake and got killed. That was my 5th or 6th try in a row so, in a fit of pique, I returned to body form, summoned two experienced blue phantoms and the combined efforts of three of us wailing on his head took him out very quickly 😁😁

I'm going to need to farm Stones of Ephemeral Eyes at this rate, if I'm going to complete NG+ 😳

So I got my PS5 delivered on Monday and it came with Spiderman Miles Morales and Demon Souls.

I'll be honest I wasn't really bothered about demon souls as I've never played one of these type of games, but I did see some footage of it running on the ps5 and I was intrigued graphically so I'm definitely going to give it a play.

Reading through some of the comments in here I'm thinking maybe I've got the idea of the game quite wrong... I always thought it was a button smashing game where by the end of the level you have a ridiculously hard boss to kill. But I'm seeing people mentioning levelling and stuff like build types?! Is it much more in depth than what I originally thought?
Any tips for a newbie to these types of games?!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom