Demon's Souls - Preview/Play & Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone want a purple shield and winged spear? and fragrant ring and ring of avarice?

I will be in BP 1-1 to drop it for a lowbie. PSN is pro-evo and my toon is called deygos.

arrr, I wouldnt mind some free gear ^^ toon is Shiva

Not out in U.S till this "Fall" no mention of Europe. I would of liked to get this earlier and not when we're already spoilt for choice leading up to Christmas.

Paying £45 on YesAsia is just too expensive for such a gamble.

Demon's Souls Update - PlayStation.Blog

As there is no European release mentioned yet ( typical for these types of games :( ) i will get the U.S version.. looks to good to miss.

I imported this afew weeks ago, played about 30 hours so far as a thief and im loving it. Well worth investing in if you cant wait for the US release. Tbh this deserves to be released over here, as its a hidden gem.

Best moment so far was having to decide to retreat and spend 30k souls or face a boss and risk death. Died 10 seconds later against the boss who took me down with 2 hit.

The only issue I see with importing the game is that , there is a broken lvl stone in the game that suggests DLC at some point. No idea how im gonna purchase that from asia

Last edited:
Not out in U.S till this "Fall" no mention of Europe. I would of liked to get this earlier and not when we're already spoilt for choice leading up to Christmas.

Paying £45 on YesAsia is just too expensive for such a gamble.

Demon's Souls Update - PlayStation.Blog

Trust me this game is not a gamble mate. It's easily the best and most exhilarating game you'll play on PS3 right now.

I could tell you that I've played it 150 hours plus invading other players worlds and hunting them down or helping other players defeat bosses etc and whatever and blah blah and how amazing the combat engine is etc but tbh I can't really say anymore about it other than...BUY IT.

The Gametrailers forums ( DEMON'S SOULS - Most Official Thread EVER! [6th Edition] | Video Game Online Forums & Community | Game Platform Discussions for Video Games - GameTrailers.com )which is normally populated with 99% idiots is on it's 6th Demon's Souls thread. Not a bad word is said about it other than it is brutal.

Last edited:
Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks anyway Cuppa my fault for not returning earlier. After I finish RE5 I'll keep an eye on eBay.

Just ordered the HK version, hopefully it'll be on its way soon:thumbsup:

Arrived today from HK, not bad for £39 inc post.

First impressions... a wow sleeper hit, very, very impressed so far. Blows Oblivian graphics out the water and the combat is superb. A game thats hard too (many games make it too easy these days), not just in its restarts when you die, but in the enemies and their skill with weapons... a challenge and an actual fear of dying.

Feeling a bit helpless but only played for an hour or so.

Dont wanna put it down, must sleep.

Arrived today from HK, not bad for £39 inc post.

First impressions... a wow sleeper hit, very, very impressed so far. Blows Oblivian graphics out the water and the combat is superb. A game thats hard too (many games make it too easy these days), not just in its restarts when you die, but in the enemies and their skill with weapons... a challenge and an actual fear of dying.

Feeling a bit helpless but only played for an hour or so.

Dont wanna put it down, must sleep.

Enjoy mate, already blown 120 hours on my first toon. Starting my 2nd as my toon is getting annihilated in NG+.

Most games you can play half awake and get away with it, this game requires you to be 100% alert at all times lol.

A lot more fun to come online too.

The fighting in this really does put games like assassins creed to shame. I like the way it also gets you to try different tactics and the way the fodder enemies are about as hard as you are!!! Proper RPG.

Still not off the first level, but seen the dragons now :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sounds quite interesting, i forgot about this, but i loved this quote from one of the reviews posted (back in page 3?):

Demon's Souls is an unbreakable wall of a game, and the aforementioned difficulty may turn off all but the most masochistic gamer.
:devil:

So where are people importing from now? Play Asia dosent do Sony to Europe anymore right? I saw a link to Yes Asia, so i'll try them i guess...

As for online, are any AVFers doing co-op? Just thinking you could use Skype to talk and organise games?

Last edited:
So where are people importing from now? Play Asia dosent do Sony to Europe anymore right? I saw a link to Yes Asia, so i'll try them i guess...

Yes Asia
Renchi
Ebay

As for online, are any AVFers doing co-op? Just thinking you could use Skype to talk and organise games?

Only toons within 10 soul levels of each other can play together m8. Alot of people have been playing this for ages. I myself am only lvl 69 ish after 40 hours play :eek:. The other thing is you have to know who is who as the character name is not the same as your psn ID.

What I love about this game is you wont see it all unless you A) stay alive B)do world event both black and white so the replay value is great. The online is decent too, many experianced folk have shown me around lvls and helped take down boss's in order to win there body form back. The other element of online play are black phantoms who invade your online game to kill you to take body form.

The game just keeps on you the edge and makes you come back for more. Also character dev is your choice only the cost in souls for raising skills goes up.

GOTY for me so far... and I honestly cant see much this year outdoing it, GT5 maybe.

It's so refreshing not seeing the whole game (besides multi-player) 5 hours after you get it. Infact 5 hours in, I was at the end of 1-1.

Question: When you lose your physical form, do you only get one chance to keep it until you beat another demon??

Only toons within 10 soul levels of each other can play together m8.
Ahhhh makes sense i guess...

The game just keeps on you the edge and makes you come back for more. Also character dev is your choice only the cost in souls for raising skills goes up.
I read that, so it's a risk of holding onto souls and doing a big level up for cheaper skills vs lots of little, but safe, upgrades?

One thing i havent read anywhere; what if you unplug your ethernet cable, obviously no-one can invade you, but how does it handle trying to revive then?

I am getting closer and closer to buying this game, it sounds really really cool.

I read that, so it's a risk of holding onto souls and doing a big level up for cheaper skills vs lots of little, but safe, upgrades?

One thing i havent read anywhere; what if you unplug your ethernet cable, obviously no-one can invade you, but how does it handle trying to revive then?

You still revive via defeating bosses and using stones.

Last edited:
I am getting closer and closer to buying this game, it sounds really really cool.
Yes buy it, then we can be newbs together... :hiya:

Put my order in with YesAsia, will be a couple of weeks due to stock/slackness issues.

Yes buy it, then we can be newbs together...

Dam, that made me go and buy it, est delivery date is 18 Jul :(

Hopefully worth the wait. I have enough on my PC to play at the mo, and about that time I have to install Sim3 on the PC, so at least I will have something to play while my gf hogs the computer.

If you unplug your ethernet then your playing offline. You wont see message left by others, nor blood spills where others have died.
Every time you die you start back at the start of the lvl. When you are dead you are in soul form which has only 50 percent of you total HP apart from that its business as usual also you cant be invaded by black phantoms when dead.

You only get your body form back by killing a major demon, helping another person kill a major demon via online play, becoming a black phantom and killing another player online or by using a type of stone that are not very common.

When your alive, you can invite others into your game by touching there soul signs which are coloured blue.

There is always the risk of dieing that makes the choice of backing down and returning to the nexus a good choice if you dont want to lose alot of souls. I've learned this the hard way but thats what makes demon souls exciting, do you return cash in the souls for upgrades, stock and repairs which means doing the complete level again to get to a boss encounter or do you risk it all by fighting a unknown foe.

If you do die, you will drop all your souls in a bloodstain, should you be able to return to that same point and touch your blood stain you recover all the souls, if you die trying to get to that point well tough luck because they have gone :eek:

Just a quick link to the wiki , this has helped me loads.

Demon's Souls English Wiki: Figuring it out, one death at a time.

Last edited:
est delivery date is 18 Jul :(

I got one from a HK shop on ebay £39 inc post on a Saturday night (late) and it arrived the following Friday. This isn't intended as an ad for a shop so PM me if you are interested.

Just seen its had an update (1.03).... only 43mb and its not going fast!

Last edited:
Hmmm... hope the update isn't to lock out naughty importers?!

EDIT: June 22nd, 2009 12:00pm - 14:00pm

[Content] The update program (Version 1.03)
- Bug causing games to not properly saved (fixed)
- Bug causing unlimited proliferation of items (fixed)
- Bug causing partial status abnormalities to not be saved properly (fixed)
- Bug causing rankings for certain parameters to not be properly displayed (fixed)
- Bug effecting the speed of special effects of weapons when spec. effect weapons switched back and forth (fixed)
- Bug causing unlimited proliferation of souls (fixed)

*If the the time approaches the start time, please goto a safe place and select System -> Quit Game to exit.

Dam, that made me go and buy it
:rotfl: Didnt exactly twist your arm... Do the words "Just one more?" push you over the edge too? ;)

est delivery date is 18 Jul :(
I think Mine was the 12th? So a week to rank up to level 9 and stalk you as a black phantom :devil: ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom