Demons 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

These are two of my favorite horrors so I was definately getting this set. I already have the Demons/Demons 2 steelbook from Arrow and I was really impressed with that when it came out.

My 4k set arrived this afternoon and I've just finished watching Demons (international English version). First impressions are mostly positive. There's definately more detail in the picture with greater depth to the image thanks to the improved contrast of this new scan.

The previous Arrow blu ray looked really clean and bright from memory so this version is darker but probably more accurate. Video bit rates are very high and the audio with the UK English dub is about the same as the blu ray which is fine.

I think the cropping is slightly different to the blu ray as there are noticeably thicker black bars left and right of the image. I would need to play the blu ray to confirm. It's not a problem for oled though as the bars are pure black.

The box set is nice but not really practical as you really need to keep the J-card over the box to keep it together, otherwise the two halves could come apart. A regular hard slipcase with a cover from each movie on either side would have been better.

Similar views from myself - the first one was looking very good, albeit a little darker than I remember in places, but last time I watched it I had a different TV.

???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-073338.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-073338.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 208
I got that this morning too. I only watched the international cut so didn’t even realise this was an issue......still kudos to Arrow for addressing it and fixing it very simply for their customers a la Vinegar Syndrome and their Beastmaster disks.

I got that this morning too. I only watched the international cut so didn’t even realise this was an issue......still kudos to Arrow for addressing it and fixing it very simply for their customers a la Vinegar Syndrome and their Beastmaster disks.
Question is what happens to those that didn't buy direct from Arrow?

Question is what happens to those that didn't buy direct from Arrow?
Assume it will be a disk replacement programme email, proof of purchase, all that jazz type. The usual deeley.

Last edited:
For those of us that didn't order direct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-205033.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-205033.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 195
0BB04A86-F632-404B-B22D-6EE9888AD8D5.jpeg

Replacement disk dropped this morning.......oddly regular blu and not UHD which is what I ordered.......Hmmmmm.

Edit: just received back an email from Arrow to say that I had been sent the wrong replacement disk but they will get the right one out to me next week. Sterling work Arrow, this is why I buy direct from them and will continue to.

Last edited:
Not seen this in years tempted by it now it's a pity Arrow couldn't get the very interesting looking extras from the Synapse Steelbook:

demons.PNG

Updated message from Arrow about the incorrect replacements disks sent out recently:

“Unfortunately incorrect DEMONS discs have been sent out to customers but we have now identified and resolved the issue. Sorry for the inconvenience, the correct disc will be sent out to you as soon as possible; feel free to keep the mistaken disc with our compliments”.

Good work Arrow.

Picked the faulty (US version audio) UHD disc off eBay for £3.00. Intend to put it in my old Arrow Blu-ray.

Film looked fantastic didn't like any of the audio mixes that's more to do with the usual awful Italian cinema technical skills with ADR.

Always struggled with the film going back to VHS but I appreciate it a bit more now it's definitely gotten better with age especially with the West Germany locales.

I enjoyed the new documentary from Michael Mackenzie that was worthy. All those other extras looked like something off a DVD with being upscaled to UHD but still worthy if you've not seen them already on the old Arrow Blu-ay.

DemonsBeauty.jpg

I intend to pick up the Synapse UHD at sometime as it's full of impressive extras (most previously on their Blu-ray Steelbook for Demons) as I enjoy watching stuff about Italian horror usually more than watching them. If I can see that Steelbook cheap that'll do.

Picked the faulty (US version audio) UHD disc off eBay for £3.00. Intend to put it in my old Arrow Blu-ray.

Film looked fantastic didn't like any of the audio mixes that's more to do with the usual awful Italian cinema technical skills with ADR.

Always struggled with the film going back to VHS but I appreciate it a bit more now it's definitely gotten better with age especially with the West Germany locales.

I enjoyed the new documentary from Michael Mackenzie that was worthy. All those other extras looked like something off a DVD with being upscaled to UHD but still worthy if you've not seen them already on the old Arrow Blu-ay.

View attachment 1542919

I intend to pick up the Synapse UHD at sometime as it's full of impressive extras (most previously on their Blu-ray Steelbook for Demons) as I enjoy watching stuff about Italian horror usually more than watching them. If I can see that Steelbook cheap that'll do.

I really enjoyed Demons and agree it looked fantastic but Demons 2 imo was tripe !

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom