Demons 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Not my cup of tea, but I love the Artwork on the box set - really fun!

bogart99

This is the sort of film I will watch moan about poor acting, poor effects poor plot etc etc but at the end think ' that was not bad at all '. Todays so called horror films if it were not for CGI etc they would be lost.

davidf

Previously davidf
My box set is en route at the moment - quite looking forward to this, but shame they didn’t have a replica mask to go with the set, that would’ve been nice!

davidf

Previously davidf
This is the sort of film I will watch moan about poor acting, poor effects poor plot etc etc but at the end think ' that was not bad at all '. Todays so called horror films if it were not for CGI etc they would be lost.
I’m the same. While the first one wouldn't win any awards (of any type), it’s quite an enjoyable film to watch, in a retro sort of way. The second one bugs me, using the same cast for different characters (some who died in the first one!).

bogart99

Not the first time that has been done. By the time you get to my age one has forgotten who played what so really does not matter

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I won't be buying it but happy this has been released for those who will be. I remember quite liking Demons but not particularly bothered. Demons 2 was awful though!

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Good review but it's not a dark transfer.

Example of a really dark HDR feature is Heat (Michael Mann).

psikey

Distinguished Member
This was one of my most memorable horrors from my youth along with Zombie Flesh Eaters 2.

Will have to watch it again.

laruso

I’m interested but the disc is too much right now, so for once I’m giving the iTunes 4K version a try at £2.99 preorder

Matson

Distinguished Member
One of my guilty pleasures. Had this on VHS and loved it when i was a kid. It also freaked me out alot lol. Its just one of those classic horror films that i feel i can watch anytime and enjoy it.

Stonedofmoo

Wow! Blast from the past. I remember this film well, it's absolutely terrible, but I've seen it more than once because it features a character I've been quoting for most of my life in the form of Bobby Rhodes incredible Tony (the pimp)

'GET OUTTA THE WAY!'

Laugh out loud lines and dubbing! He returned as Hank the gym instructor in the second film with almost as preposterous lines in that also

Last edited:

dts

Distinguished Member
My box set is en route at the moment - quite looking forward to this, but shame they didn’t have a replica mask to go with the set, that would’ve been nice!
Just don't put it on if it did! 🤣🤣🤣

davidf

Previously davidf
Arrived safe and sound :)

Attachments

• EDEFF4E0-D785-4F39-BDF8-E9DF23079F8F.jpeg
    EDEFF4E0-D785-4F39-BDF8-E9DF23079F8F.jpeg
    447.3 KB · Views: 43

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Today's horror fans are only used to, quiet, quiet, BANG! horror. Horror is not about making you jump, it should be about scaring you to the core, not trying to make your bum leave the seat only for you to be bored by the time you've landed, never mind after the film and you're talking about it over a piece of pie lol.

While Demons is not the film to prove that point, but I'll take most horror films from this era over what you get today.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Got my set from Zavvi this morning. Worked out the cheapest with Red Carpet discount.

davidf

Previously davidf
Got my set from Zavvi this morning. Worked out the cheapest with Red Carpet discount.
That’s where I got mine from - been let down on limited box sets twice by HMV recently, so only use them for mainstream bits and bobs now.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Expected before 10pm today, Amazon.

Bet it get delayed until tomorrow.

Whitley Lad

Distinguished Member
Mine says the same but hasn't been dispatched so I'm guessing it'll be delayed until tomorrow too.
Just had the expected 'your delivery is running late now expected tomorrow/Tuesday' message.
There's a shock😕

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Just had the expected 'your delivery is running late now expected tomorrow/Tuesday' message.
There's a shock😕
So, very similar to the message you get from the Doctor when your wife is in Labour, seems about to give birth, & then..... ;)

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
Sounded like a so so review on the picture and sound and won't blow us away like the Dawn of the Dead 4k transfer did.

Loopthrough

As a die hard horror fan I’ve loved the movies.

You either get them or not - think reviewer’s missing the point about characterisation. It’s like an Elm Street sequel - a thrill ride with victims to bump off, not meant to be anything more.

... but how many times is Arrow planning on rereleasing the same movies and add all this tat with them for another price hike?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Netflix adds support for reduced theatrical release window
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Music revenue in U.S. sees vinyl sales overtake CD