1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demons 1 & 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DSYeti, Mar 31, 2003.

1. DSYeti

DSYeti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all!

Just wondering if anyone knows how to access the Director's Commentary tracks on both Demons & Demons 2 Director's Cut dvds.

The packaging on both discs claim they are there, I have seen reviews in Total DVD that confirm this, but I can't for the love of god access them. I've looked around the special features pages, tried to change the audio channel (to no avail), even used the display button on my remote and changed chapter/title numbers. By using the display button I found the screen with the option to turn the commentary on/off but I can't select it.

Pointless trying to contact the distributer as there is no address/phone number/email address/website etc on the packaging. I bought them online from Britannia DVD and they can't help me. They are both UK issued discs.

If anyone can enlighten me I would be very grateful!

Cheers, DSYeti.

2. Marwhite

Marwhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have Demons and to listen to the commentary i just changed the audio with the dvd remote while watching the film. To tell the truth the commentary isn't all that good - it's quite difficult to understand what they're saying half the time.

3. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Haven't got Demons 2, but on Demons, let the disk run through until the DVD menu comes up, it should say.....DEMONS and three options...Play film, Scene Selection and Extra Features. Select Extra features and the bottom of the three says "Directors Commentary on off". Move down until ON goes green, select that and it'll go back to the DVD menu. Play film should now be in green. Select that and away you go....hopefully.

Hope that helped.

4. DSYeti

DSYeti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When the disc has loaded, after selecting special features, all I'm presented with is a choice of "Behind The Scenes Of Horror" and "Play Trailer" - no third option. Obviously it's starting to look like they are both 'mis-pressed'.... but that seems too much of a coincidence.

DSYeti

5. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The version I've got certainly has the first two options you've mentioned. Sounds like you'll have to go for the changing of the audio option once the disk starts.

Just out of interest, is yours the DIVID 2000 version. Wonder if different distributors have put out different menu...just a thought.

6. DSYeti

DSYeti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the cover the distributor is stated as "Platinum Media Corporation Ltd" but when the disc starts up the copyright message at the start finishes with ...'Divid 2000 Ltd.'

Hmmm....

7. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am I right in thinking that there has been quite a few versions of this released?

8. DSYeti

DSYeti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how many versions have been released, but it is now looking as though I have a 'bare bones' release. If this is the case and the company never intended for these commentary tracks to be included then the least they could've done would be to update the packaging and remove the references to the tracks.