Demons 1 & 2: Limited Edition 4K UHD

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - HMV - Zavvi

(Standard Editions) Demons: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Demons 2: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - Deff.com - HMV - Zavvi

Release date: 22/02/2021 (Standard Editions: 05/07/2021)

Limited Edition
:
Demons1_2_4K.jpg

Demons1_2_4K (full_set).jpg

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • Brand new 4K restoration of both films by Arrow Films from the original camera negatives
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray™ presentations of both films in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Adam Rabalais
  • Limited edition 60-page booklet featuring new writing by Roberto Curti, Rachael Nisbet and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Exclusive mystery sneak preview movie ticket (admits one to the Metropol Theatre)
DISC 1 (4K ULTRA-HD BLU-RAY) DEMONS:
  • Two versions of the film: the full-length original cut in Italian and English, and the slightly trimmed US cut, featuring alternate dubbing and sound effects
  • Brand new lossless English and Italian 5.1 audio tracks on the original cut
  • Original lossless English and Italian 2.0 stereo audio tracks on the original cut
  • Original lossless English 1.0 mono audio track on the US cut
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for both English soundtracks
  • New audio commentary by critics Kat Ellinger and Heather Drain, co-hosts of the Hell’s Bells podcast
  • Archival audio commentary by director Lamberto Bava and special makeup effects artist Sergio Stivaletti, moderated by journalist Loris Curci
  • Archival audio commentary by Lamberto Bava, Sergio Stivaletti, composer Claudio Simonetti and actress Geretta Geretta
  • Produced by Dario Argento, a new visual essay by author and critic Michael Mackenzie exploring the legendary filmmaker’s career as a producer
  • Dario’s Demon Days, an archival interview with writer/producer Dario Argento
  • Defining an Era in Music, an archival interview with Claudio Simonetti
  • Splatter Spaghetti Style, an archival interview with long-time Argento collaborator Luigi Cozzi
  • Italian theatrical trailer
  • International English theatrical trailer
  • US theatrical trailer
DISC 2 (4K ULTRA-HD BLU-RAY) – DEMONS 2:
  • Brand new lossless English and Italian 5.1 audio tracks
  • Original lossless English and Italian 2.0 stereo audio tracks
  • Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian soundtrack
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
  • New audio commentary by critic Travis Crawford
  • Archival audio commentary by director Lamberto Bava and special makeup effects artist Sergio Stivaletti, moderated by journalist Loris Curci
  • Together and Apart, a new visual essay on space and technology in Demons and Demons 2 by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Creating Creature Carnage, an archival interview with Sergio Stivaletti
  • Bava to Bava, an archival interview with Luigi Cozzi on the history of Italian horror
  • Italian theatrical trailer
  • English theatrical trailer

Standard Editions:
Demons1_4K (standard).jpg

Demons2_4K (standard).jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I seriously couldn't click and lock eyes on this thread fast enough!

Omg wow incredible !!!!!

Where did this release come from outa nowhere ????

Demons 1 4K I thoroughly enjoyed and the transfer was pretty remarkable for such a low budget film. The hdr did not add much imo but the print overall was very clear & bright. The film is very enjoyable too.

As for Demons 2 omg I didn’t realise it was such a bad film. It’s not a patch on Demons 1 ... I was very disappointed. That’s probably why I couldn’t remember much about #2 as I’d not seen it for decades !
Really was a shocking film so big thumbs down from me. Again the print was clear & sharp though but hdr added little.

Although I do concede that I just love 80’s horror. I seem to be the only one who still watches Madman and Bodycount...🤣🤣

Has anyone who ordered this outwith Arrow had their replacement disc yet?

Has anyone who ordered this outwith Arrow had their replacement disc yet?
I got my second and correct replacement from Arrow yesterday from a direct order with them so expect non-direct Arrow orders any minute now.

Standard Editions for both now announced.
OP updated.

Going to devalue the boxset just like Dawn of the Dead. So no more buying these big boxsets for me.

Already seeing few boxsets being dumped on eBay. So no more preordering of big boxsets at inflated price from me.

Saw many Dawn of the Dead boxsets end at under £60 and one at £41 !!!

Screenshot_20210502-215432.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom