1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demonlover cut/uncut

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by grey torq, Mar 2, 2004.

1. grey torq

grey torq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Confused Demonlover has a runtime in it's R cut of 129 minutes according to the MPAA website.

Playusa & Movietyme appear to have the DVD Unrated cut but the runtime on the play website is quoted as 117 minutes.

Can anybody clarify what cut of the film is on the DVD and how long it is?

Thanks

Torq

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. grey torq

grey torq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Thanks,

It looks like it was cut for pacing reasons but some sites say the R version is only 117m on DVD, so I'm not sure if the 129m long boring version is available on DVD.

Even more odd the Canadin version is quoted at 120m so there may be 3 cuts of this film.

Is it really so difficult to let the viewer decide with a branching option - 12 minutes is a big difference.

I may wait for the R2 to see what other editions emerge, I'm interested in the film but don't want the shorter cut, which was made due to audience/critical reaction rather than anything else as far as I can see, unless the director feels it was rushed out before he had time to edit it properly?

4. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    I'm sure I read that the version released now/shortly is the R rated cut and the un-rated version is to be released in June. This was Harry Knowles talking on AICN, so make of it what you will.