1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Home 500 & OSX problem

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by videonasty, Feb 16, 2005.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've been using Demon Home 500 on Mac OSX 10.2.8 for two weeks now. I haven't had any problems apart from last night. I couldn't connect & the error message said "Authentication failed" I went to my Network prefs & I noticed my Demon password had changed, I typed in my existing one & when I clicked apply, it automatically went back to an eight digit password??? I've uninstalled & reinstalled the driver software, but this still happens??

Why is this & has anyone got any ideas?

2. tjgedny

tjgedny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have Demon Home 500 running on my mac and couldn't get a connection this morning so maybe its a related problem. I think they may have had some outage so it might be that. Checked their website and it looks like they've had problems:

http://www.demon.net/helpdesk/networkstatus/statusandmotd/

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +847
    I'm also on Home 500, and find the Demon (unofficial) forum at adslguide.org, is a good place to keep yourself in the loop with whats going on. It does get a bit techie sometimes, but still friendly. I have gone there before to check on previuos problems, as Demon's own site dosent always post network probs straight away (or so i've found).

joe

4. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have had soo much grief with demon lately I am now looking into
    changing my isp my packet loss is unbelivable across my network
    I have done every test thinkable and bought new equip (modem/router)
    and still get lag across Xbox live the last straw was sat morn when they seam to have an attitude which they should have just asked if i was lying and cut to the chase :mad: Im sick to the backk teeth with demon at the mo and have found telewest 1meg for the same price as demon so me thinks i will be changing :lesson: :thumbsdow :spam: