1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demon Home 500 for Mac OSX

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by videonasty, Jan 17, 2005.

1. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I've signed up for Demon Home 500 Broadband & I'm having major problems connecting to it :mad: I'm using Mac OSX 10.2.8 & I've done everything by the book, but everytime I go to the Internet connect button, it tells me that it can't connect to the PPP connection? Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? The modem is working, but the green ASDL light is flashing, could this be a problem? :suicide: :confused:

2. tjgedny

tjgedny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This set-up will work - I'm running exactly the same but it takes a bit of playing around to get the xbox to see the mac. I can post the settings later on but basically you need to check the following:

On your Mac:
    1) Turn on Internet Connection sharing.
    2) Check the connection is working properly in network status - you should see a green light.

You then need to fiddle the xbox to force it to see the mac. If you search back through the topics in this forum you should find the discussions I had when setting my xbox up. I'll try and post the settings here later.

3. videonasty

videonasty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I haven't actually tried to setup to a console, I'm just trying to set the interner connection up? Could you send me the settings? :thumbsup:

4. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I'd give the Demon helpdesk a call. They're pretty Mac literate (or at least they where when I was with them).

Cheers, Carl.