Question Demon AVR 1912 dialogue sound too low

mordzy

Standard Member
I've had low dialogue on my amp ever since I've bought it. I've just put up with it after messing with all the settings.

I have some time now to sort it so thought I'd ask for a bit of help.

I have tannoy 5.1 speakers. My rooms approx 5m2 the centre speaker is under the tv and the l/r frons approx either side of the tv (55" Samsung) with the SUV on the far left of the tv stand. rear speaker are in each corner of the room.

Tv audio is fine (virgin). Blu ray movies suffer from quiet diologue. Either lost in the noise of the film during explosions. If I turn up to compensate the dolostone wake the neighbours up.

Xbox one games are particularly frustrating. For example, in fallout 4 when talking to someone I have to rotate the character to left it right to activate the l/r speaker to here what they are saying.

ive re run the speaker setup with the supplied microphone, I've messed with the Audessey settings as per the manual and setting to 'midnight' which makes a slight improvement but the problem persists.

I've manually set the db level on the centre but it only goes up 6db.

Any suggestions or advice ?

Mark.Yudkin

Distinguished Member
I've manually set the db level on the centre but it only goes up 6db.
Since the speaker setup is OK, we ought to be able to exclude a faulty speaker (or connection). However, you might want to check it in isolation for full functionality anyway. What makes me suspicious is the comment:
For example, in fallout 4 when talking to someone I have to rotate the character to left it right to activate the l/r speaker to here what they are saying.
which implies to me that there is a major difference between the centre and the left / right speakers that ought not to be there.

To work around the 6dB limit, you can reduce the level of the other (front) speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom