Demoing Panny PT-LC75

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gazz, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Gazz

Gazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    have arranged the hire of a demo model Panasonic PT-LC75 which should arrive tomorrow morning. Basic specs, XGA LCD, 1200 Lumen 400:1 contrast - hooking it up to the HTPC and will let you know what it looks like.

Meanwhile - question. Where do you guys get your leads from?
    I intend to run leads from every input of the pj down to the AV hub in case I ever want to hook up other sources.
    Therefore I need, in approx 7m lengths:
    4 phono cables (1 for composite, 3 for component)
    1 s-vid
    1 monitor cable to hook up the video card of the HTPC to the pj, (which I'm having a bit of a mare finding in that length).

Any recommendations, or shall I get some quality screened 2 core and knock up the phono leads myself?

Thx as always for your collective knowledge
    Gazz

2. Desmo

Desmo
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,033
    www.videk.co.uk

3. Cas141

Cas141

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Gazz- May I ask your advice. I am looking for my first projector to us with my PC. It is a high end graphics PC used for Flight simulators and occasional DVD film.
    I have been researching and the PTLC75 seems to be the one I want. It is not sold nor demoed locally - Dorset- but I can purchase "blind " so to speak :) from an Ascot firm.
    I am told that I cannot demo it 'cos the firm checked and there isn't a demo model vailable in UK.
    Then I read your post.
    Where did you get it demoed please; what is your assessment for using it as i wish to.
    Any problems with it.
    I will use the PJ in a small room, on a window blind screen, about 64x 48 inches picture size.

TIA