• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Demo Room SVS PB13 REW Graph

angelislington

Established Member
Gentlemen,

I figured it was about time I tried to get my head around this REW lark, so we ordered in all the cables and bits and I've just spent some time in the demo room, taking a measurement from our PB13 and this is the result. I've not made any changes to position etc, this is the raw measurement. For those of you who know REW inside out, are there any suggestions?

pb13demoroomrewgraphmu6.jpg

cribeiro

Prominent Member
Is this the sub alone? If so, I'd apply the PEQ at about 70Hz to lower that broad resonance 8 or 10dB. OTOH, if you set the xover in this region, it probably goes unnoticed, so I looks pretty good to me.

Actually, I am by no means an expert :rolleyes: I posted just to suscribe ;)

angelislington

Established Member
Is this the sub alone? If so, I'd apply the PEQ at about 70Hz to lower that broad resonance 8 or 10dB. OTOH, if you set the xover in this region, it probably go unnoticed, so I looks pretty good to me.

Actually, I am by no means an expert :rolleyes: I posted just to suscribe ;)

Yes, it is the sub alone. Crossover is 80Hz. Might be worth trying the PEQ though.

Think I'm gonna attack the SB12 next.

You can subscribe to the thread without posting though, it's under thread tools, just if you didn't know.

cribeiro

Prominent Member
Yes, it is the sub alone. Crossover is 80Hz. Might be worth trying the PEQ though.

Think I'm gonna attack the SB12 next.

You can subscribe to the thread without posting though, it's under thread tools, just if you didn't know.

I would first measure the combined response of sub+speakers, then adjust the phase and finally play with the EQ.

I knew about the suscribe button, but I also wanted to say hello :hiya:

EDIT: I also wait with interest for your measurements of the SB12

D

Deleted member 30535

PEQ at about 70Hz and raise the overall output by about 3db to get a nice 75db level throughout.

angelislington

Established Member
PEQ at about 70Hz and raise the overall output by about 3db to get a nice 75db level throughout.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I could do it via the amp, but it's asking for trouble as this would mean a +3 figure and likely to overload the subs input. I had it set to 0db as per the REW help files.

I have no room for an increase in the soundcard volume (using the SB Live USB card), I had to have it set to virtually full in order to get the soundcard calibration levels correct (i.e input the same as output). Am I doing something wrong here? I admit that I didn't think it looked right.

HiFiRuss71

Distinguished Member
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion, I guess I could do it via the amp, but it's asking for trouble as this would mean a +3 figure and likely to overload the subs input. I had it set to 0db as per the REW help files.

I have no room for an increase in the soundcard volume (using the SB Live USB card), I had to have it set to virtually full in order to get the soundcard calibration levels correct (i.e input the same as output). Am I doing something wrong here? I admit that I didn't think it looked right.
Has the gain knob stopped working on the PB13, or for that matter the volume control on the amp? It would only be a matter of reducing the other channels by 3dB to affect a 3dB relative increase to the sub.

Or am I missing something? I'm a noob with REW too.

Russell

D

Deleted member 30535

Hi Bob,

There is no short cut to getting the measurement system calibrated (REW, PC soundcard and amp).

I know real men have an aversion to manuals, but have a read of cribiero (vetted by Nimby!) set up process.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6665479#post6665479

You need to calibrate, set speaker type (subwoofer) and a target level and crossover points and you should see what the response should be heading for.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom