1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo Request - PT- AE 100 in Ireland

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vexorg, Feb 17, 2003.

1. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been holding off on the purchase of a projector until new extension on house was built and some renovation work done on house. Several outragous quotes later, still no closer to getting the work done, but talking to estate agents about selling and buying a house with all the work done ..... strangely looks like the cheaper option at the moment. Anyhow I digress.

I was going to choose between the Panny AE300 and the Sony HS10 (when the panny is available), and get some nice speakers from Uncle Eric. Now as this looks like its going to take a while to get myself sorted out and with all the whinging I've been doing at home about not having my dream set-up. I've been given permission to get myself something to shut me up for a couple of months.

So with the AE100 at stg799 or €1200 in real money, its probably 1/2 the price of the AE300 or HS10 at the moment. I could probably sell it on in 6 or 8 months (or if at all) and by then the price drop on the other machines would hopefully mean, very little loss:)

So is there some one out there in Dublin who might let me see their AE100 in action (perferably on a home made screen) so I can try to judge if its worth jumping in now to upgrade within the next 12 months, I would hate to invest only to have my viewing spoiled if I were to have a problem with screen door or some other possibly annoying thing.

In return for such a service, I would gladly supply a tray of your favourite beer/fizzy drink:) and if done soon (before its gets smoked), a very delicious cuban cigar.

So if anyone can help me see what I'm missing I would be most appreciative.

Vex.

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Vex.

I was a lucky AE100 owner, but in Limerick. Since sold & upgraded to a HS10 :D

I know of a couple of owners in Dublin. Sean G (theritz) & Keith D (Calibos). I'm sure there are others, but not many!

Sean G is away this week (back Thursday/Friday AFAIK), but he may well allow you a peek. Home made screen there too!

My old AE100 hasn't travelled far from me - still in Limerick, so no joy there either.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance :blush:

TBH, @ £799, it IS a complete no brainer. It is an excellent unit & well worth the price to get into the world of FP.

Buy it :smashin:

3. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo Kramer,

Part of me is screaming "for god sake just buy the dam thing", while the sensible side of my brain is saying, "go on ask someone for a look at theirs, you will be happier and more secure in your purchase". This second part surprises me, as I know that the sensible side of my brain is really tiny.

Will start getting a quote for shipping to Ireland, please let that shipping quote be a palatable one....

4. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    vexorg,
    you would have been more than welcome to come visit my setup on the northside, which included Ae100, although unfortunately I moved to Perth, Australia some 6 odd months ago!!! But I will say I am very very happy with the PJ, fed directly from the HTPC, and even when I got it at cost where I used to work, the current prices make me a tad-****** off!!!!

MARK

5. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo Markie Boy

I am almost tempted to ask if I can go and see your set up in Australia, would probably need 2-3 weeks or more to really get a feel for it, would be happy to sleep on sofa and clean the barbie every day. :)

Vex.

6. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +227
    If you're ever out this way, you're more than welcome!!! Building a house at the mo', so dedicated theatre is a definite. By the way its customary here to bring a tray of beer over when visiting friends, but remember, no Fosters!!!

7. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Vexorg,

I'm inParis at the mo - just checked in on the forum....

I'll PM you on Fri, be happy to give you a peek - depends on how busy the weekend is - family time to make up etc.

TBH, at current pricing the AE100 is a complete bargain. If you get to see mine I reckon you'll be sold.

Kramer,

Glad to see you posting, chat again at the weekend ??

Talk soon,

Sean G.

8. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sean -

Appreciate that, be great just to get a quick look at one before buying.

Markie -

Good luck with the house building, im sure builders rates are a lot more reasonable there.

Vex