Demo of Yamaha DSP-Z7 & Pioneer SC-LX81 today

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Showoff, Jan 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    I have a demo of the above shortly with MA GS60's, GSCLR, GS10s and a Sub, anything specific I should ask or request from either amp to help me hear the best from them?

Thanks.

2. Dazzor

Dazzor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Make sure you check out the 2-channel music capabilities of both in pure mode.

Just a thought if you're using an AV Amp for both, don't worry about it however if you're lucky enough to have a separate Hi-Fi set-up.

Let us know how you get on and which one you prefer. :smashin:

3. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    I will be using the AV amp for both at first and then look to get a power amp later. Thanks for the reply I will let you know what I decide. :)

4. Showoff

Showoff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    Just got back with a Pioneer SC-LX81. :D
    They both sounded great, but the Yamaha was a little bright with the MA GS 5.1 set up especally with movies, on 2 channel on just the GS60's they both sounded great.

The must important thing for me was the sound but the clincher to keep the Wife happy as well was the looks, the Pio looks stunning, the Yamaha with its orange LCD display just looks dated IMHO.

Anyway very happy with my purchase, just got to get the whole thing set up now.... I did mention some of the HDMI problems some people have been having with the LX81 and the very helpful guy said its all in the setup, you just need to get it right and for a £70 call out charge he even said he would do it all for me whether it took 30 minutes or 4 hours which I thought was not bad.