1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo Material

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by whats_this, Nov 25, 2004.

1. whats_this

whats_this

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Heya guys, am currently looking at buying an svs ultra or 20-39+ but having bought blind before and not really being satisfied this time i thought i'd do things right and go and demo as much as possible.

I Have booked a demo at my local sevenoaks tomorrow to have a listen to the B&W 750, M&K mx700 and a Rel stampede before going to visit kazman on Saturday to have a listen to his svs ultra :D

Anyway, back to the point, I was thinking to myself, I don’t want to cart about my DVDs all weekend so why not just burn all my favorite test sequences onto a DVD along with a bit of music.

Well I was getting quite excited about this and was thinkingthis looks awesome, the best sub thrashing DVD of all time (maybe anyway). So I've started ripping my DVDs using DVD shrink and DVD decrypter (awesome freeware found at http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ along with guides to almost everything av wise) and have currently got the usual suspects there

Finding Nemo : Darla obviously

Ice Age : Glacier scene at beginning

Lotr Fellowship : first 5 mins

Lotr Two Towers : Gandalf falls, Black riders, Gandalf slays Balrog

Monsters inc : Ted walks to work, Sock detonation, City block decon, Boo laughs

Matrix: Where we are grown, Landing in fight, Chopper explosion

Matrix Reloaded : Door to the source, It's the hammer,

Ronin : RPG Launch

U-571 : Alarm!, Torpedo hit, They all missed, Plane flyover, Depth Charge

Attack of the Clones : Ship explodes

Blade : Footstep, Pinned, Invitation? Door blown

Fight Club : THX Intro, Mid-air collision, Ass-whippin, Calling Marla, Fridge explosion, Car wreck, My eyes are open, Final explosions

all of which can be found at the svs site under faq. Here http://www.svsubwoofers.com/faq.htm

but I know there are more, and was wondering if anyone could recommend any good scenes in the discs below as I own them and thought they would be the most likely low discs for good bass. Thanks in advance and shall keep you up to date with my new project.

Charles angels 1&2
    X men 1&2
    MIB 1&2
    Swordfish
    Shrek
    Pulp fiction
    Reservoir dogs
    Seven
    MI2
    Fast and Furious
    Black Hawk Down
    Enemy of the state
    Face Off
    Glodeneye
    Tomorrow never dies
    World is not enough
    Die another day
    Reign of fire
    Moulin Rogue
    Blade 2
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Gladiator

Chapters or time index would be the most helpful but if not sure just a description would do.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Transferring to DVD Talk forum which is where the software issues are discussed