Demo JVC potential purchase - worth it?

wilwong1971

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have found a demo JVC N5 for sale for £4500

its 18 months old demo unit, new bulb and sold with bracket

im just checking if it was brand new stock when it was put in for demo, bulb is 0 hours OEM and warranty is transferrable or can be sorted on my behalf when or if it goes wrong.

more than LS12000, but avaliable and will have DTM too, wanted an NP5 but wee out of my budget and no stock either

any other questions I should ask? Cheers !

Hi

I have found a demo JVC N5 for sale for £4500

its 18 months old demo unit, new bulb and sold with bracket

im just checking if it was brand new stock when it was put in for demo, bulb is 0 hours OEM and warranty is transferrable or can be sorted on my behalf when or if it goes wrong.

more than LS12000, but avaliable and will have DTM too, wanted an NP5 but wee out of my budget and no stock either

any other questions I should ask? Cheers !

Ask for a demo, check how bad the bright corners is. As long as they aren't terrible, I'd buy it.

To check bright corners, go into a dark room with the PJ, lights off, and press the hide button on the remote. If you don't see them, grab it. Sounds like a bargain for new bulb, sold with bracket and transferable warranty. Not sure what else you can ask for.

Definitely when you look at the NP5 price or gulp the NZ7 price which gets you similar contrast.

Cheers guys, Sorry I may have worded it badly in my original post, im checking whether it’s definitely transferrable warranty and confirming the new bulb at the moment (I emailed them today)

but for sure it was advertised as a demo unit, 18 months old, and brand new bulb fitted, with bracket supplied, so looks good, bit of a trek to see the projector in action but for that money yes I feel safer to part with my money …

glad its a good buy though!

Cheers guys, Sorry I may have worded it badly in my original post, im checking whether it’s definitely transferrable warranty and confirming the new bulb at the moment (I emailed them today)

but for sure it was advertised as a demo unit, 18 months old, and brand new bulb fitted, with bracket supplied, so looks good, bit of a trek to see the projector in action but for that money yes I feel safer to part with my money …

glad its a good buy though!
N5s are like gold dust and every owner is holding onto theirs now if they weren't going to upgrade.

Most N5 owners bought their PJ around £5500-6500. Never in their wildest dreams did they think to upgrade, they'd have to pay £11500-15000. Those that could afford to, have likely already parted ways with their N5s now.

I wouldn't sleep on it as JVCs are incredibly difficult to get. You can see wanted ads on the forum for just the X series for example. The price for high contrast is insane now. Starting price £7500, next step up £11500.

Sony's offerings in the UK now officially suck if you want basic features like lens shift as their £5000 model is lacking very very basic functionality and the next step up is in that £10,000-£16,000 price bracket.

N5s are like gold dust and every owner is holding onto theirs now if they weren't going to upgrade.

Most N5 owners bought their PJ around £5500-6500. Never in their wildest dreams did they think to upgrade, they'd have to pay £11500-15000. Those that could afford to, have likely already parted ways with their N5s now.

I wouldn't sleep on it as JVCs are incredibly difficult to get. You can see wanted ads on the forum for just the X series for example. The price for high contrast is insane now. Starting price £7500, next step up £11500.

Sony's offerings in the UK now officially suck if you want basic features like lens shift as their £5000 model is lacking very very basic functionality and the next step up is in that £10,000-£16,000 price bracket.
Yeah the new JVC NZs prices are eye watering, plus LS12000 doesn’t have proper DTM, indeed not that impressed with entry level Sony laser either …
I could setup MADVR but my wife/daughter want simples, they still remember the constant fiddling every movie we watched back in Windows Media Centre days lol

thanks I will put a deposit on it soon as I get more info .. might set up a zoom call with them to fire the JVC up to speed things along then..

I would get a move on if you want it as you could easily get beaten to it by someone else. Only took me a sec to find it. Others that want one might do the same. Good luck

Thanks guys for telling me to move fast!

Had a nice phone call with the company, £4300 , brand new bulb to be fitted before dispatch, warranty transferrable and they can deal with the remaining 18 months if issues occur anyway . No bright corners and have basically used in demo room from new. They are stripping out all the old kit for a new demo room. (JVC NP5 apparently)

Also they will be driving down to deliver the JVC personally, look at my planned cinema room and see if any other demo kit (they have some Emotiva amps) would be of interest.

Very happy!

Thanks guys for telling me to move fast!

Had a nice phone call with the company, £4300 , brand new bulb to be fitted before dispatch, warranty transferrable and they can deal with the remaining 18 months if issues occur anyway . No bright corners and have basically used in demo room from new. They are stripping out all the old kit for a new demo room. (JVC NP5 apparently)

Also they will be driving down to deliver the JVC personally, look at my planned cinema room and see if any other demo kit (they have some Emotiva amps) would be of interest.

Very happy!
Bargain imo

Surprised no one tried to steal it from you tbh. If I hadn’t already got my n5 I would have 🤣🤣

Bargain imo

Surprised no one tried to steal it from you tbh. If I hadn’t already got my n5 I would have 🤣🤣
ha ha ha

I'm not cracking open the champagne till I see that JVC in my room..legit really excited though, I mean I'm running a £65 Chinese 1080p projector at the mo !

ha ha ha

I'm not cracking open the champagne till I see that JVC in my room..legit really excited though, I mean I'm running a £65 Chinese 1080p projector at the mo !
Lmao Wtf. What an upgrade. That’s insane.

I can say I’ve had a few projectors in my time and I am genuinely happy with the JvC. First time in ages not wanting more. And I am notorious for being a moaner and not happy with tech stuff

Lmao Wtf. What an upgrade. That’s insane.

I can say I’ve had a few projectors in my time and I am genuinely happy with the JvC. First time in ages not wanting more. And I am notorious for being a moaner and not happy with tech stuff
To be fair, the cheapo 1080p Projector really rammed home how important room treatment is, From a grey wall I started draping everything with black cloth, side of the wall and floor and watched the contrast visibly jump ...to the point my wife commented about a recent demo of a Sony VW290ES that our one at home looks better (looked like it wasn't setup properly though)

I'm chomping at the bits to plug my Zidoo back in and try some HDR rips with DTM on the new beast..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom