1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demo-ing in Hampshire

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by CooperUK, Jun 13, 2003.

1. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am interested in buying a PJ for approx £1000.

Anyone know of any places in Hampshire I can go to find out/demo etc.

I have found an InFocus LP500 for £1200 with an extra lamp and 3yr warrantee, but have not seen it in action.

Is a contrast ratio of 400:1 good enough? It has 2000 ansilumens

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    Audio-T have a Demo room in their basingstoke branch and are also in Camberly I believe. Give them a ring and see if they can help you out - Tel 01256 324430

3. edz

edz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    That's a damn good question. When I lived in Hampshire, (now moved to dorset), and was looking for a proj' the first time, (was put on hold due to a house purchase then another move, then a girlfriend, then a wedding :eek: , then two more moves....), I couldnt find anywhere either. Only now getting an AE300 .. or at least waiting for one from nexnix...

Where in Hampshire are you ? I lived in Southampton/Gosport for around 18 years and around there the best chance I *THINK* you have will be either (A) Richer sounds if you book ahead at their Southampton store, (B) John Lewises in west key southampton - definitely have plasmas not sure about projectors, or (C) Sevenoaks in southampton - just up the road from Richer sounds in fact. I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows of any other locations though.

If you have loads of dosh you could also try Dawsons in westbourne, (this is actually bournemouth/dorset but is only up the A31 from southampton), but they are more custom installs than boxed units...

Best of luck, let us know how you get on...

Cheers

Edz

4. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0