Demo: Far Cry Instincts Predator

dodger747

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this is on the Marketplace now...

I was never that impressed with Farcry on the pc so will be interesting [for me] to see how it plays...

what a waste of time, why do we hardly get that many demos before a game comes out. I appreciate dodge it allows you a chance to play it but fook me its a bit late on.

Cowden_harley said:
what a waste of time, why do we hardly get that many demos before a game comes out. I appreciate dodge it allows you a chance to play it but fook me its a bit late on.
Eh?? What was Dead Rising, Saints Row, TDU and Just Cause then??? :confused:

Cowden_harley said:
Isn't that a bit exaggerated? like the post-er above me stated, we had the demos of them games, lost planet earlier this year, hitman, fight night, full auto, need for speed was there at launch, we just got madden, a splinter cell one is on the way, lord of the the rings, i don't think you really can complain mate, I reckon we are being pampered.

aye ok i maybe exagerrated a bit but whats the point in releasing this now?

Cowden_harley said:

The point is that anyone who hasnt played it (like me) can play it and there is a chance that I may like it and go out and buy the game on the strength of it. It is exactly the same point as releasing a demo before the game comes out, to get sales.

Great,i have often thought of getting this but now i can make up my mind finally! Demos are not just good for future releases either,as someone mentioned,it gives people a chance to try the game free of charge which is always a good thing.I suppose you cannot please everyone.:D

dodger747 said:
Just noticed this is on the Marketplace now...

I was never that impressed with Farcry on the pc so will be interesting [for me] to see how it plays...

Sorry to say, it looks & sounds nice but the aiming controls suck. I played right through the PC version and was looking forward to this, but no matter how I tweaked the controls I couldn't get them set up right. I rented it and sent it back after only completeing a half dozen levels. They should have consulted with infinity ward (COD2) on how to do an effective FPS joypad set-up for aiming.

At least now the demo's up you can give it a go, see if it's you cuppa!

Cowden_harley said:

Actually, I was just thinking how handy it was for this to suddenly appear. The reaction was mixed when this was released, but with a demo here now, I can find out if it's something I want to buy.

Cowden_harley said:
ignore me im having one of those days.
Were all allowed to have one of those days mate. It would of been nice for those of us who brought the game, as if there was a demo I would of not got it.:)

patch coming out in a few days to fix controls etc.

grant666uk said:
patch coming out in a few days to fix controls etc.
Wonder if the demo is to see how people react to the tweaked controls before they release a patch?

I loved the game and still play it occaisionally online. Definately worth picking up cheaply on ebay or playasia ( I'm pretty sure it's region free ).

I enjoyed this game too. One of these days I'll get round to completing it on the higher difficulty levels to get the rest of the acheivements! Also, I found you get used to the odd controls/movement after quite a short amount of time.

slinkywonka said:

If you hated the controls before give it another week or so and try it again. They are working on a patch that is going to fix some of the problems with the game.

Here is a summary of some of the issues it addresses:

1. Controls will be more responsive than before (in all game modes)

2. Faster and smoother thumb stick response (in network games)

3. Reduced the analog thumb stick dead zone from 35% to 24%

4. Fixed Rich Presence (Xbox Live status)

5. Support for more than 64 save games (including user maps) – the limit is now as many saves as will fit on your storage device

6. Fixed voice chat lag with high number of players

7. Can change game type in game lobby

8. Fixed occasional issue where no weapon appears in hand.

9. Fixed occasional issue where players are disconnected from lobby and game session

10. Fixed occasional problems when joining from friends list

Markoos said:
I enjoyed this game too. One of these days I'll get round to completing it on the higher difficulty levels to get the rest of the acheivements! Also, I found you get used to the odd controls/movement after quite a short amount of time.

I personally found the controls fine, nowhere near as bad as PDZ anyway!. I think they screwed up the achievements though, I had already completed the original story on xbox so went straight into the hardest difficulty on 360 and completed both stories on that setting. However some idiot decided to set up the achievements so you HAVE to play through all the difficulty settings to get all the achievements, even if you complete the game on the hardest setting!. This is one VERY long game and there is no way I would go back through on easy and normal just to get a few achievements!. And it's the same for both stories too, i.e. to get all the achievements you would have to complete easy,normal,hard on the first story, then the same again on the second story!!. You'd have to be pretty messed up to go through all that for a few achievements, however good the game was!

To be honest, I liked the XBox version but was put off this by people slagging it off at launch - poor auto aim etc. were what I seem to remember.

I'll give this a DL and see for myself I guess :).

kevlar said:
I personally found the controls fine, nowhere near as bad as PDZ anyway!. I think they screwed up the achievements though, I had already completed the original story on xbox so went straight into the hardest difficulty on 360 and completed both stories on that setting. However some idiot decided to set up the achievements so you HAVE to play through all the difficulty settings to get all the achievements, even if you complete the game on the hardest setting!. This is one VERY long game and there is no way I would go back through on easy and normal just to get a few achievements!. And it's the same for both stories too, i.e. to get all the achievements you would have to complete easy,normal,hard on the first story, then the same again on the second story!!. You'd have to be pretty messed up to go through all that for a few achievements, however good the game was!

I think the logic behind this (and I use the word “logic” tenuously here!) is that there's an acheivement for having completed each story on all three difficulty levels. So in that respect it makes sense that you wouldn't get the Easy and Medium acheivements for completing it on hard.

Still bloody stupid though! :D

Also great news if this patch is imminent, better late than never I guess!

Great, cheers for the heads up. Never considered buying this game(mainly due to having an unplayed non B/C Farcry Instincts sat here), but would be interested to try the demo.

Will download this later on:)

I hope i was just unlucky with the servers i picked but that was laggy and a little laughable really.

To be fair the lag probably made it worse but standing next to someone watching them get hit only for them to warp 10 feet away makes a game less than enjoyable.

Glad of the demo as I was tempted to buy this for the multiplayer game. Think it's made my mind up to leave it. Wouldn't ever play this on line when BF2 is so good.

Dave.

This thread has re-kindled my interest in the game and I just had a great few hours online playing some very good user made maps. Superb fun running someone over in a quad or shooting a hanglider down with a rocket launcher!:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom