DEMISE of the Blu-Ray player when considering 4kTV's

mentaliss

Established Member
Reaction score
I have purchased a Sam' QLED 4K TV, I was viewing my blu-ray movies through my old'ish HTPC Win7 set up but now purchased a Marantz SR 7005 and at this moment I can't get the films to play correctly through this system (connection must be wrong), we all know it's just a matter of time before the Blu-ray films finally disappear from the shelves, so my thoughts are to buy a Blu-Ray player but as my TV outputs 4k (eARC HDMI connection) do I need to buy an expensive player with all the extras ?

All players are now 4K capable but the Marantz does not have HDCP 2.2 that will be need to communicate with the Samsung which is causing you problems at the moment. If you purchase a player that has two HDMI out then the video output can be connected to the TV for the correct image quality. The second HDMI then connects to the Marantz allowing for full HD audio.

The Marantz doesn't possess eARC and so the Samsung will revert to standard ARC which would make an optical connection between the Samsung and the Marantz more stable. You will not lose any audio performance as both ARC and optical have Dolby Digital 5.1 SD as a maximum.

MY bad, typing error should be Marantz SR 7015

from the Manual: " There are a total of eight HDMI inputs ( seven at the rear and one at the front) and three HDMI outputs. One of the rear HDMI inputs and two of the HDMI outputs support 8k/60hz and 4k/120hz (up to a total 40GBps) while the main HDMI output also supports eARC' All the HDMI connections support HDCP2.3......But what I said still stands?
many thanks

I have purchased a Sam' QLED 4K TV, I was viewing my blu-ray movies through my old'ish HTPC Win7 set up but now purchased a Marantz SR 7005 and at this moment I can't get the films to play correctly through this system (connection must be wrong), we all know it's just a matter of time before the Blu-ray films finally disappear from the shelves, so my thoughts are to buy a Blu-Ray player but as my TV outputs 4k (eARC HDMI connection) do I need to buy an expensive player with all the extras ?
What do you mean by that i.e. what is wrong with what you see?

That makes a difference with the 7015 being an un to date AV amp. You should have ALL video enhancement turned off, just have it pass through an unaltered video stream and let the TV to any upscaling to 4K.

If you want to have the best video presentation then you will have to invest in a quality player. Problem is, at the moment, the stock is limited and certainly patchy with at least one of the better players unavailable until later in the year from Pioneer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom