Demand freedom of Choice from Sky

doesn't bother me.
From all reports, the new netgear and sagen routers are stable and the issues of the older router have been fixed.

You can't argue with why they do it. I'm kind of the tech repair guy for my friends and family, and out of people having issues with their broadband, nearly all were due to settings in the router. Using just one router that sky provide, any possible problems regarding settings are unlikely to occur, and if they do, its a lot easier for sky tech support to help put the issue right.

Also, regarding the premium rate line, it seems sky are going to change it to a 0800 number, which should be cheaper.
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcements/13924-sky-drop-0870-numbers.html

Personally i think restricting users to the same equipment is the best idea, that way when or if you get a problem of a technical nature, the variables are reduced as everyone in theory should be using the same equipment.

From Sky's persepctive it means they can direct training specfically to that equipment so you would hope the support is better.

Had no problems with my router so far.

Perhaps a happy medium would be something like:

Sky provide you with their router and offer full support, however you have the option to use a different router if you wish but then you will loose any support from Sky.

That way it would keep the techies happy who want to change their equipment, and probably have the knowledge to fix any potential problems themselves.

It would also mean the people who are happy with the Sky router will all still be on a level palying field for support team to assit.

If that makes sense?

The above is exactly the concept embraced by many other ISPs, and seems to work pretty well, use theirs and they support it, use your own and they don't but still provide tech support for your broadband line.

Surely you have the ultimate freedom of choice by not 'joining' SKY.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom