Demand A New LG TV?

I'd be inclined to suggest they let you have a loan tv to equivalent standard while they sort it out at their leisure or alternatively give you either a new replacement f.o.c. or a high allowance against a new one

I'm sure it's easier to keep them on side (bearing in mind most manufacturers do tend to have a habit of ignoring the end user all together, leaving you to battle the uninterested retailer) by being fair and polite yet firm, pointing out that one of the main ideas of buying their product was in anticipation of the World Cup, and you feel sure they will take this into account

10 months down the line they are doing the business but may well go a little further if requested. Remember, once they get to the stage of concluding there is no goodwill to be gained by spending more on solving the problem they could go into the "We are going to get the "I'll never buy another..." from this guy so we might as well go into "What's the least cost to ditch this problem?"

You could go down the trading standards route but quite honestly it's just the sort of thing to wind you up daily and, in my book, there really is more to life at the end of it. If it ever got to that, I'd be going to Richer Sounds or John Lewis, take your pick, buying another, and selling the original for what I could get once it came back working

Hope it sorts itself out for you

Thanks for the post. I will call LG on Monday and see how they take it.

I thought Dixons had a policy that ment if it took 28days or more they would replace your tv, or exchange it for a set of equal spec.

Dixons take your TV away for 28 days - bugger that! I went directly to LG who repair at your home.

Well I am still waiting for the new screen to arrive. I tried to get LG to give me a new/refurbed TV but they said that they have already ordered the screen so cannot do anything.

Sorry to hear that

Did you try asking for your complaint to be escalated to senior official?

How about a personal letter to acting chief operating officer of LG UK asking for reconsideration?
(LG Electronics UK, 250 Bath Road,SL1 4DX)

All these may produce a no but cannot make the situation worse

Dixons take your TV away for 28 days - bugger that! I went directly to LG who repair at your home.

Well I am still waiting for the new screen to arrive. I tried to get LG to give me a new/refurbed TV but they said that they have already ordered the screen so cannot do anything.

So your still having to wait and the 28 day rule might have been better.:confused:

They do not aim to take it away for 28 days but if they do you would get a replacement or refund.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom