1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delving into MP3!!

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by welshpaul, Jan 2, 2005.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Never ever dealt with MP3s in the past but am now looking to buy one for myself and the one for the missus.
    Looking for use in the gym but also to use on holidays etc so looking at a big memory.

I have never converted any CD's into MP3 before so looking for a real idiot friendly player that will allow me to do it easily.

Like the look of the new Sony and have always fancied an I River but concerned they may be a bit bulky for the gym. Rio Carbon has also been considered.

Would also appreciate any advice on earphones to go with them

Over to you folks, much appreciated.

2. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Size-wise I only have experience of the Creative Zen Xtra and the iPod. iPod is noticably smaller, this is from someone who carries it in their jean pockets ! Using a tape measure the Sony is even smaller in comparison.

Sound quality wise, the Creative is better than the iPod but size/ease of use is more important to me.

Earphones, I've tried both Sony and Shure E2c earplugs...the Sony's have noticably more bass but the sound from the E2cs is clearer and more natural.

As for software, couldn't get more idiot proof than EAC and LAME, search for exact audio copy on google, then for LAME binaries and away you go, search in this forum for other software. iTunes is reasonably OK and idiot proof for ripping but it's just not powerful enough :)