• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dello Zino 410

julianashcroft

My HTPC died yesterday. I think the motherboard is dead. So I needed a new Media PC and after a bit of looking around I settled on a Dell Zino HD 410. The price for the mid range model with Wireless and 500gb storage was just under £400.00. My movies are contained on two external 1TB Drives so I wont really be storing that much on the PC's own drive.

I use Media Browser in Media Centre for viewing movies and Firefox for limited internet browsing and Itunes for a bit of music. The Zino will be connected to my 63" Samsung TV and HD Projector via an Onkyo AV Receiver.

I bought it mainly for its small form factor and the reviews I read were mostly compimentery so hopefully it will work well doing what I want.

If anyone has this PC I would welcome their comments.

Last edited:

julianashcroft

Power getting to the board, but not a lot else was happening. I'm not very computer literate as to the insides of PC's but googling my problems it looked as if there was a motherboard problem.

Anyway too late now as Zino was ordered yesterday.

DavidT

I think I would have purchased a £50 motherboard before spending £400. The Zino looks nice though.

David

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom