• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

DELL XPS1730 sp/dif adaptor?

jimsgill

Hi all,

can anyone help me with the part number I need to quote to Dell for them to supply me with the sp/dif & component adaptor for this laptop? It plugs into the s-video port and I have even seen a pic of it. No joy though...

I just keep getting silence as if I was talking in dutch to them and they have no idea what I am talking about. I think it's the same adaptor as the XPS1530 but not 100% on this.

Had a search on the forums and found a thread but no part number quoted.

Any help is appreciated. :lease:

Thanks

Jim

Zebsy

That looks like the one i have here, it says:

DS/N CN-044CTV-48404-434-2002
DP/N 044CTV|C/O CN|Rev A00

It looks like it has SVideo out though, not in. The end that plugs in has a round plug with 3 rows:
row 1 - black plastic lug
row 2 - 4 pins
row 3 - 3 pins

Is this component??? Never known what this thing is for TBH

jimsgill

Hi, thanks for all your help.

EDIT

It looks like the ebay link is the not quite the one but will do the job as i only want to get the sp/dif output. Not bothered about the video output as I can use the DVI-HDMI adaptor for that.

S-Video is the round plug that goes into the laptop with lots of little pins and the component / sp/dif are the 3 (red, blue, green) jack sockets and 1 (black) sp/dif output. On the one on ebay it's S-Video to Composite (Yellow) and sp/dif out (black).

I will attempt to get DELL to send me one of these out first, if not then that's a very good price.

Thanks again for all your help :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jimsgill

Yep, that will definitely do the job mate. It's composite output looking at it but as long as it's got the digital audio output (which it has) then that's perfect.

Don't you need it anymore then? :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom