dell xps15 vs toshiba Satellite C660-11K

marklfc77

Standard Member
Hi am looking for a laptopfor around the 500 mark and I am unsure what kind to go for I have found a copule dell are doing an New xps 15 for £549 its at this price unitl 011210 they say you save £154. and I have found the Toshiba Satellite for a great price they have just dropped the price to a very tasty £405.99. retails at £529
One of my biggest concerns is I want the laptop to run for a few years and the Dell comes with a dedicated 1gb graphics card and 3gb Ram, while the Toshiba comes with an intergrated Graphics card and 4gb Ram
For reliability and longevity stakes is a dedicated Graphics card better over an extra gb Ram, as I understand if the integrated card breaks you have to replace the whole motherboard etc.
Would the system run faster with a dedicated card over an integrated card with an extra gb ram. the laptop is not really for gaming but it will be general use and watching video etc.

Dell Laptops Official Site | Dell UK

Satellite C660-11K - Product Specifications - Toshiba

turk3y

there is no difference, what they mean is integrated gfx is part of another chip, dedicated is a single gfx chip on its own, but you can bet its perminantly afixed to the motherboard, so if it choaks, then its a full board swap just as the integrated one would be.

marklfc77

Standard Member
Cheers I just assumed that it would be replaceable like on a normal pc the current pc that I have burned out 2 graphics cards granted I did make the mistake of buying packard bell.
Would getting a dedicated graphics card make much difference in performance and speed over an integrated card. More than likely won't be used for games just mostly browsing and videos

Top Bottom