Dell XPS - Is it just me or are they more expensive?

hamd01

I'm in the market for a new work laptop, and have previously purchased DELL's XPS from the DELL Outlet website.

I've been keeping an eye on DELL Outlet for any XPS models, but the price seems really high.

I previously bought an i5 XPS, and it was around £600. Having checked for the past week I havent seen a single 15" XPS model for less than £1,100.

Have the XPS models gone up in price massively over the last two years?

Essentially I'm looking for a laptop with a good build quality (which has always impressed me with the XPSs), a 15" screen, and solid state drive. Preferably looking to spend upto £700.

Anyone any suggestions?

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The XPS range has always fluctuated in where it's positioned. Sometimes it's mid-range, sometimes high end.

The current XPS 15 with the very slim screen borders and quad core processors is a top of the range model. If you bought before that was introduced then you could well have gotten something that was going up against different models.

Plus we've had the brexit exchange rate fall and so on so laptops are more expensive generally.

hamd01

Cheers for the reply. that does explain it....although I guess laptops going up a few squid is a small price to pay for Brexit.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom