Dell X51v Windows Mobile

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by daftpunk1, Jan 10, 2012.

1. daftpunk1

daftpunk1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have just found my old dell axim x51v. I want to start using it again for work, gps and just some reminders and stuff.

I cannot get the dell wlan utility to load. I would like to install the latest version of windows mobile and wipe the old. Can someone point me in the right direction to the software and instructions to format the device.....

2. SUMMONER

SUMMONER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +251
    To restore your Axim's Operating System/software utilities to factory default backup your data first and then do a hard reset.
    - Press the Power button to turn the Axim unit On.
    - Press and hold the Power button down while using the Axim stylus to press the Reset button at the same time.
    - Release the Power button and the Reset button. The To clear all data in the memory screen appears.
    - Press the Contacts button on the Axim to delete all of the data in the memory of the Axim handheld.
    - Press the Mail button on the Axim to cancel the operation without losing data.

[​IMG]

To upgrade to a more recent Windows Mobile OS version you can try this or search the XDA Dev forum for relevant posts.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. Stiggy

Stiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    You can't wipe and reinstall the OS like you can with a PC. As SUMMONER says, you can do a hard reset.

If you are very techie you can try a custom ROM from XDAdevelopers, but you might brick your PDA.

4. rickyt

rickyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I have one of these and put Lennys custom ROM on it . It's excellent . Forgot where I got the firmware from now as it was years ago , it was a link from some developers site.