• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dell warranty Question

medl14971

I brought a dell Studio 17 (1749) off the forum, spot on laptop happy with it great but i want ed to know if adding the Dell Bluetooth module to it will invalidate the warranty as you need to take it all apart

thanks

Duncan

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
I brought a dell Studio 17 (1749) off the forum, spot on laptop happy with it great but i want ed to know if adding the Dell Bluetooth module to it will invalidate the warranty as you need to take it all apart

thanks

Duncan

If it was just a RAM/HDD upgrade, then it wouldn't be likely to cause an issue.

However, I suspect that there may be a warranty tab somewhere inside if you need to take the motherboard out. If in doubt, try starting a tech support online chat session (far better than a call in my opinion).

brookheather

Distinguished Member
It will require some disassembly - instructions here:

Documentation

It shouldn't invalidate your warranty - I've never seen anything like a "warranty void if removed" sticker inside a Dell laptop.

- Simon.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom