• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dell W3706mh To W3706mc Firmware Switch Possible?

1366x768

Hi all

I have a Dell W3706MH 37 inch LCD TV (the 'MH' vesion is tagged as a 'Commercial' panel for large display/exhibition purposes, but physically is the same TV) purchased from a returned Dell stock reseller. It is an absolutely fanatstic TV, picture quality is superb in HD and analogue not too bad either.

This is my question - what do you think my chances are of swapping firmware over to that of a Dell W3706MC, (the 'MC' is the Home Theater version as the 'MC' has more options for TV viewing such as 4:3 Aspect Ratio and 'intelligent' 'Wide' mode that shapes the output of 4:3 broadcasts to better fit a 16:9 ratio)

....or will I be stuck with 1:1, 'Full Screen' and 'Fill Aspect Ratio' modes only??

Please please please if anyone can shed any light it would be much appreciated.

Thanks ever so....

W

:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom