Dell Ultrasharp 2005FPW

avanzato said:
BTW what's wrong with 26" screens
:) . Therein lies one of the great mysteries of the universe! Honestly, I can't explain it. One shouldn't stereotype, but from my circle of friends this is definitely a woman thing. Pretty much all my women friends despise large TVs, this particular friend currently has a 14" portable TV as her main set. I did actually suggest a 26" set to her and the look I got said it all! I think she would have been more sympathetic to a suggestion to lay grass in a corner of the living room and invest in a small flock of sheep.

Anyway, thanks for the comments and the Dabs/Samsung suggestion. Does anyone have a link to a picture, there isn't one on the Dabs site and the Samsung UK web site doesn't seem to list that model?

Also, even if the AV inputs are crap then wouldn't a cheap Scart to VGA converter still be a possibility? It probably wouldn't make sense to invest over £100 for the JS Technology one (which gets mostly positive comments in the Plasma forum) but there are cheaper alternatives that might be OK for a 20" set (on the assumption that it is less revealing than a 42" set) like a Syncmaster cable and a couple of other lower priced converters from Maplins. The thing that I'm still unclear about though is the aspect ratio. On VGA input does it assume that it is being driven by a graphics card set to the correct resolution so 4:3 broadcasts would be stretched or is there any control in the monitor?

- Julian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom