Dell UltraSharp™ 2007WFP or NEC 20WGX2 20.1"

mjn

Distinguished Member
Help me choose.

Both are the same price, until i subtract my 10% discount on the Dell.

Will be used for windows, games but not movies.

darrenjuggins

Novice Member
Hi,

I purchased the Dell one, very impressed, it has rotational screen which is great for letter writing of photo editing.

I managed to get dell to sell me it for £300, at the time it was £400, after a little while they agreed, so if you are having to pay more don't.

Can't comment on the other one, but personnal I went on a 5* recommendation for the Dell from Photo Digital, which fits well with the business i'm in.

Be aware though, due to the higher resolution it runs at, you may wish to check your grahpics card, I upgraded mine for DVI output and also speed of processing which my old one in my Pentium 4 3.4GHZ was struggling with.

hope this helps

Cheers

Darren J

mjn

Distinguished Member
No problem with the VGA card, i have a 7900GT :)

Each has their plus points.

darrenjuggins

Novice Member
What price are they at BTW ?

you say the Dell is cheaper when you take 10% off, but what are the prices you are looking at?

Cheers

Darren J

mjn

Distinguished Member
What price are they at BTW ?

you say the Dell is cheaper when you take 10% off, but what are the prices you are looking at?

Cheers

Darren J
The NEC is £340 plus shipping and the Dell is £340 including the shipping. But i can get a 10% discount on the Dell, bringing the price down to £306.

I'm swaying to the the NEC at the moment.

pr1970

The NEC seems to have a very glossy screen, thats something you may have to consider when making your choice.
I have heard of some quality problems with the Dells, but they seem pretty prompt at replacements and has a long 3year warranty.

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom