• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dell sp2309Wc Monitor Problem

Sicoe

Established Member
Hi All

I turned the above monitor on today and for 5 seconds made a little humming noise, it then went and the screen display dissapeared however the monitor light was still on.

i have checked dvi and hdmi and vga connections, power connections, different leads the lot.

even used the monitor on its own, basically ill turn the monitor off and on again, ill get the humming sound for 5 seconds a picture for 5 seconds and then nothing, but the light is still on.

anyone come across his or have any suggestions.

trouble is i cant find any info of the purchase or know if its under warranty.

help

regards simon

malrap

Standard Member
Sounds as though the the inverter side of the PSU/Inverter board has failed,and the fault is probably, between the Schottky diodes and the Backlights,as I would not expect the Backlights to have failed due to the comparitive 'newness' of the Monitor.Looks as though you need someone Technically qualified to fault find and repair if possible,otherwise the only other option is to auction it as faulty,and put any funds raised from that,towards a replacement.

Sicoe

Established Member
Sounds as though the the inverter side of the PSU/Inverter board has failed,and the fault is probably, between the Schottky diodes and the Backlights,as I would not expect the Backlights to have failed due to the comparitive 'newness' of the Monitor.Looks as though you need someone Technically qualified to fault find and repair if possible,otherwise the only other option is to auction it as faulty,and put any funds raised from that,towards a replacement.

hi malrap

today i plugged the monitor in and it works again, only trouble i have now is there is a constant minor flashing/flickering at the bottom of the screen.

does this give you any more idea into the problem.

Regards Simon

malrap

Standard Member
Nothing more,without looking inside it,if your Power light is on 'solid',then the fault is still in the same place.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom