Dell P2419H + Chromecast - No Audio Via USB Speaker

aidacuk17

Hi,

Not sure if I've chosen the right forum section as the problem may fall in to numerous categories. I've got the above monitor and have connected a Chromecast to it, which displays perfectly. My idea was to use a USB speaker for the audio, however the 2 USB ports on the side of the monitor do nothing, and the 2 USB ports underneath just give a faint buzzing sound from the speaker, no actual audio comes through.

Is what I'm trying to achieve possible? If it is, what am I doing wrong?

TIA.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
USB ports on most monitors are simply a convenient built in USB hub, and require connecting to a USB host such as a computer to do anything.

I haven't checked the manual but I wouldn't expect the functionality you're expecting to be at all common.

Most definitely agree with EndlessWaves my Dell P2415Q works that way and does it brilliantly. It extends it as a USB hub. So the Dell soundbar I have on it shows up as a sound output on my PC.

My LG 34UC99 is exactly the same, one USB-C connection to my PC and all the ports show up as a hub. But as the speakers are build-in, you could play directly via an HDMI input if you so wish.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom