Question Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF Graphics card upgrade.

swissy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all i'm looking to upgrade the graphics on my granddaughters SFF Dell 3020 PC, so she can play better games.

I bought a low profile GTX 1050 GPU but it wouldn't fit lol, so need advice on which card will work as is without upgrading the PSU etc.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all i'm looking to upgrade the graphics on my granddaughters SFF Dell 3020 PC, so she can play better games.

I bought a low profile GTX 1050 GPU but it wouldn't fit lol, so need advice on which card will work as is without upgrading the PSU etc.

Thanks in advance.

Did the GTX 1050 not physically fit because either its cooler was too large or the metal bracket at the end of the card was too tall.

If the bracket is the problem you can purchase half height replacement ones like this one for example, alternatively simply cut the existing bracket down to size even if that means it looks a little rough, or remove the bracket entirely as it's only held on by the screw holes next to the video out connectors.

This GT 1030 is low profile card, you can see the cooler is flat and doesn't stick up beyond the metal bracket so it should fit in the PC if it is single slot only.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom