• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dell McAfee Internet Security Renewal

cupcakes aka dd

Hi all, I have McAfee Internet Security Centre installed on my Dell XPS and McAfee keep on bombarding me with e-mails to renew in advance at discount prices of £39 for 1 year.

I know I can get much better prices than this for a licence.

What I need to know is as follows;

The McAfee on the Dell is written exclusively (optimised) for the Dell (or so I've been told) so if I buy another licence from say Amazon will I be able to renew the licence with it.

Thanks in advance :)

dc8900

Distinguished Member
The McAfee on the Dell is written exclusively (optimised) for the Dell (or so I've been told) so if I buy another licence from say Amazon will I be able to renew the licence with it.

as GaryB says that is just simply a load of marketing rubbish, don't believe it for a second

For a paid for IS programme, I would whole heartedly recommend Kaspersky which is very light on resources.

For a free program, I would say MSE or Avira

Also, if you do internet banking, often they will supply you with a complimentary license to an AV/IS program

dc8900

Distinguished Member
Thanks chaps. Would I be able to use a purchased licence though? I would have thought so.

purchased license for what? if you have a purchased license for a software program, you might as well use it...

dc8900

Distinguished Member
What I meant to say was if I purchase McAfee from say Amazon can I merge that licence with the existing McAfee licence to subscribe for another year.

yes you can, although any new version purchased from Amazon would be superseding the one currently installed on your pc

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom