Dell Laptop

bigbaz

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just about to take the plunge and order this Dell Laptop. Vostro 1500. £327.00 including vat and delivery. Would however like a little reassurance that I'm buying the right thing. Uses :- Surfing, Emails, Photo and music storage. Would I find anything better for the price ? Thanks in advance.

Base Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5270 (1.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache)
Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition - English
Memory 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
Keyboard Internal Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
Video Card Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100
Hard Drive 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
Modem 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter - UK
Optical Devices Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Wireless Networking Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe
Shipping Documents English Documentation with English Power Cord
Gedis Bundle Reference N0115011
Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English
Standard Warranty Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
Enhanced Service Packs Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
Protect your new PC McAfee® Security Centre™ 9.0 - 24 Month Protection - English
Power Supply 90W AC Adapter
Bluetooth No Bluetooth Upgrade
Order Information Vostro Notebook Order - UK
Primary Battery Free upgrade from 6 cell battery to 9 cell battery
Carrying Cases No Carry Case
Dell System Media Kit Resource CD - contains Diagnostics and Drivers
Colour Choice Matte Jet Black without Camera
Accidental Damage Support No Accidental Damage Support
Online Promotion Option for GEDIS Configs Dell Internet Order.
LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display

That looks like a good deal for those specs, my last notebook was a dell I bought a few years ago and is still working spot on only bad thing was the keyboard was not very good on it but that was an inspiron and this is a different model so will probably have a different board.

Just about to take the plunge and order this Dell Laptop. Vostro 1500. £327.00 including vat and delivery. Would however like a little reassurance that I'm buying the right thing. Uses :- Surfing, Emails, Photo and music storage. Would I find anything better for the price ? Thanks in advance.

Base Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T5270 (1.40 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2-cache)
Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition - English
Memory 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
Keyboard Internal Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY)
Video Card Integrated Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator X3100
Hard Drive 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
Modem 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter - UK
Optical Devices Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Wireless Networking Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe
Shipping Documents English Documentation with English Power Cord
Gedis Bundle Reference N0115011
Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English
Standard Warranty Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
Enhanced Service Packs Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
Protect your new PC McAfee® Security Centre™ 9.0 - 24 Month Protection - English
Power Supply 90W AC Adapter
Bluetooth No Bluetooth Upgrade
Order Information Vostro Notebook Order - UK
Primary Battery Free upgrade from 6 cell battery to 9 cell battery
Carrying Cases No Carry Case
Dell System Media Kit Resource CD - contains Diagnostics and Drivers
Colour Choice Matte Jet Black without Camera
Accidental Damage Support No Accidental Damage Support
Online Promotion Option for GEDIS Configs Dell Internet Order.
LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display

Can I ask where you managed to get that at that price?
I am looking to get a cheap laptop for a friend and want to keep the cost down, but the cheapest that I can get that spec for is £398... is there an offer out there or a link to the product? I'd appreciate your help.

BTW - for that spec that price is excellent and I have heard good things about the Vostro... but this being Dell I am sure that someone will be along soon to challenge this...

Thanks.

Can I ask where you managed to get that at that price?
I am looking to get a cheap laptop for a friend and want to keep the cost down, but the cheapest that I can get that spec for is £398... is there an offer out there or a link to the product? I'd appreciate your help.

BTW - for that spec that price is excellent and I have heard good things about the Vostro... but this being Dell I am sure that someone will be along soon to challenge this...

Thanks.

Hi Barbs, Google - HotukDeals - then in the search box, type in Dell, scroll down to I think the fourth deal down. Go to Deal. You may also like to read comments made by others. Deal ends 16 Jan.

Hi Barbs, Google - HotukDeals - then in the search box, type in Dell, scroll down to I think the fourth deal down. Go to Deal. You may also like to read comments made by others. Deal ends 16 Jan.

Sorry Barbs forgot to mention, you must reduce warranty down to 12 months and make the choice between XP or Vista, take it through to checkout to get the final price £327.00

Bigbaz - just ordered one of these myself - with the brightview monitor for £345.

Cracking buy in my opinion - not very portable but mine will never leave the house tbh. :D

As with everything in computing - wait until next week and something better will come along...... ;)

Thanks Bigbaz.

Just one question - although I have seen this in real life I still can not decide if the Truelife display is really worth it for the extra £20. It is not my money or I'd give it a go - but I have to advise someone else and £20 is important to them!

Anyone any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks Bigbaz.

Just one question - although I have seen this in real life I still can not decide if the Truelife display is really worth it for the extra £20. It is not my money or I'd give it a go - but I have to advise someone else and £20 is important to them!

Anyone any thoughts/opinions?

No worries on this - I ordered one anyway with Truelife. Great deal.

I called Dell to check and they could not understand how I got the price I had in my basket... couldn't be bothered to give some annoying bloke commision, so rather than explain I hung up and order online. Great (and simple) offer when buying for a friend.

Guys,

hoping someone here can help. I order one of these and I have just received an email from Dell asking if I want to cancel or apply VAT as I do not live in the Channel Islands. Has anyone else got this? Are Dell trying to wiggle more cash out of me?

I ordered with Truelife for £345 and the page definately says inc. VAT and Delivery.

I trired to call them but I need to ring between 9-6 to get an answer. Does anyone know why I got this mail?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the optional camera comes neatly incorporated in the screen/surround, or is it separate?

This deal seems to be gone now. :thumbsdow

Try again matey! ... Since seeing your post, I logged on and ordered one (including the webcam) for £351.33 all inclusive... order completed and acknowledged (with internet receipt number issued) at approx 11.18pm! :)

Seems like there`s a whole bunch of people snapping these up :thumbsup:

Hiya Paulie mate! :thumbsup: ... They seem to be popular alright... just ordered mine for my 12 year old to do his homework and basic stuff... nothing too fancy needed...Will you be partaking yourself? :)

I almost forgot.... THANKS TO BIGBAZ FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS OFFER .... appreciate it matey!

Hiya Paulie mate! :thumbsup: ... They seem to be popular alright... just ordered mine for my 12 year old to do his homework and basic stuff... nothing too fancy needed...Will you be partaking yourself? :)

I almost forgot.... THANKS TO BIGBAZ FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS OFFER .... appreciate it matey!

No probs CFC1. Just checked (10:16) and as you quite rightly said the deal is still available, however ends 16/01. If anyone is still interested, when you go to deal via HDUK you must then choose XP or Vista, then scroll down page and reduce the warranty to basic. The £327.00 figure will only appear at checkout :thumbsup:

P.S. Purchase via Quidco £312.00 :clap:

Got email from Dell this morning, advising that delivery is on, or before, 21st January! :thumbsup:

Indeed :thumbsup: I ordered mine last night. Shiny screen and 160g hdd for £368 :cool:

Never had a laptop before, so i thought i`d jump in on a bargain.

Try again matey! ... Since seeing your post, I logged on and ordered one (including the webcam) for £351.33 all inclusive... order completed and acknowledged (with internet receipt number issued) at approx 11.18pm! :)

Cheers mate. I tried it again and it worked. I went through Quidco and got another 5% off, so £313 is a right bargain. :thumbsup:

Just my frigging luck!... :mad: Just been on Hotukdeals again and there is another, better, offer on this laptop!!!!!

THERE IS NOW AN EXTRA 10% OFF, SO THE SAME SPEC MACHINE IS NOW £286.72, (all in) until 23rd of January!! - SAVING £40

Just my frigging luck!... :mad: Just been on Hotukdeals again and there is another, better, offer on this laptop!!!!!

THERE IS NOW AN EXTRA 10% OFF, SO THE SAME SPEC MACHINE IS NOW £286.72, (all in) until 23rd of January!! - SAVING £40

You can still cancel your order and order again.. or call Dell and tell this is what you are doing and see if they will match it.

I tried the hot deals uk site and the ecode on dell but I can not see the offer. Can you post a link to hotdeals?

thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom