Dell Inspiron 530s Case "Transplant"

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by xware, Feb 3, 2009.

1. xware

xware
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Basicially I have a really powerful dell inpsiron 530s and the only thing holding it back is the graphics card, 2400 pro or xt (changed after i installed SP1 4 vista) So i just want to hear if it is possible to get:

A new case: dabs.com - CoolerMaster BLACK CM 690 CASE (RC-690-KKN1)

A new PSU (dell has a rubbish one) : dabs.com - OCZ Technology 500W STEALTHXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY (OCZ500SXS-UK)

A new graphics card: dabs.com - Sapphire Technology Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCIE (11132-11-20R)

Would this work out, also i would like to tranfer my cpu from the dell pc into a new mobo :dabs.com - MSI S775 Nvidia MCP7A GF9300/NF730i DDR2 MATX GLAN HDA (P7NGM DIGITAL)

And of course I would take the memory and hard drive out of the pc and put it in the new case, i really want to start looking at a game and not a slideshow when palying games on the lowest settings. Just to mention, i do not want to get some random low profile card beucase there are no decent ones that can play games like cod5 at 1680x1050.

If you could advise on this, i would greatly appreciate it! :thumbsup:

2. cdldt

cdldt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You're pretty much rebuilding the whole PC there. Can you not fit a graphics card into your current case?

3. xware

xware
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    well kinda, but only a really rubbish one which i do NOT want, so basicially i am very limited to low profile cards and the 9600gt by galaxy is completly out of the situation because my computer needs a better psu (it has a 250w i think) Thats why i want a case that can fit in a good card.