Dell Inspiron 1525 Built In Webcam

TigerBytes

Hi.

Recently my webcam stopped working with Skype and MSN messenger, returning an error, "plug In Webcam", now this wouldn't actually be such a problem If It wasn't for the fact that the Webcam works without using the afforementioned applications.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the relevant drivers for the webcam, I have downloaded the newest drivers available, and still cannot get the Webcam working with skype or MSN messenger.

Do any of the great minds on AVF have any idea how I could remedy this Issue, I've used System restore and still the problem remains. I have yet to do a full reinstall of Vista as I believe the issue can be solved without going to such an effort

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

sunnysunnysunny

The same problem happened to me a while ago on my Inspiron 1525. I managed to solve it by first reinstalling the webcam drivers, but also reinstalling Windows Live Messenger and Skype. :thumbsup:

TigerBytes

The same problem happened to me a while ago on my Inspiron 1525. I managed to solve it by first reinstalling the webcam drivers, but also reinstalling Windows Live Messenger and Skype. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your response, I question reinstalling the Webcam drivers as It works without using Skype or Messenger. Any other Ideas ?

TigerBytes

Ok, I uninstalled Windows Live and this got the webcam working with Skype, I then installed Windows Live Messenger again, webcam worked with Skype, but still didn't work with Messenger.

Could anyone possibly explain why this Is happening ?

Cheers

stockyvillage

I had a webcam fault error message on windows messenger after the latest update.I knew it wasn't the webcam or the webcam software.As I tried 3 different webcams.I uninstalled messenger once and re-installed to no avail.So I did the same process again but this time I went into settings and clicked the box show others you have a webcam and low and behold it worked.I have never had that box clicked before update and it always worked.Got me thinking either a bug in program or done on purpose by microsoft

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom