Dell Inspirion 1525 or Dell XPS range???

pughypro

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been umming and ahhing for a while now about changing my, not so old, Acer 5535 laptop and have been considering netbooks intially, but have dismissd this idea as I do use it for playing DVD's and also find with my big hands its difficult to type on smaller keyboards.

I know I'll be sacrificing some battery life by not going for a Netbook, but thats a compramise I'll have to bear.

After reading many positive things on these forums and elsewhere, I like the look of the Dell range, in particular either the Inspiron 1525 or the Xps M1530 or the slightly smaller M1330.

I'm wondering if any of you out there can tell me whether it's worth spending the extra on the Xps range? I love some of the features and look of the Xps, i.e. the very neat slot loading optical drive, amongst others.

My main use is for internet and basic work on documents and spreadsheets, while also using it for music and watching DVD's.

So lets have your thoughts and ideas as to which way you think I should go.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

Hi all,

I've been umming and ahhing for a while now about changing my, not so old, Acer 5535 laptop and have been considering netbooks intially, but have dismissd this idea as I do use it for playing DVD's and also find with my big hands its difficult to type on smaller keyboards.

I know I'll be sacrificing some battery life by not going for a Netbook, but thats a compramise I'll have to bear.

After reading many positive things on these forums and elsewhere, I like the look of the Dell range, in particular either the Inspiron 1525 or the Xps M1530 or the slightly smaller M1330.

I'm wondering if any of you out there can tell me whether it's worth spending the extra on the Xps range? I love some of the features and look of the Xps, i.e. the very neat slot loading optical drive, amongst others.

My main use is for internet and basic work on documents and spreadsheets, while also using it for music and watching DVD's.

So lets have your thoughts and ideas as to which way you think I should go.

Thanks in advance :smashin:

definitely recommend the XPS range. given how little price difference there is between the 13in and 15in ones, i'd say go for the 15in. I have a 1530 and its very nice, it also has a proper graphics card as opposed to one of those cheap claiming to be a graphics card cards. Useful if the laptop might get used for gaming from time to time.

It's well made, looks nice, screens pretty good, usual Dell features. Bioscanner fingerprint thing is a bit of a waste of time though...lol.

Any further thoughts????

Much appreciated :smashin:

Personally have at home Dell XPS M1730 (beast of a gamming machine) XPS M1530, Studio XPS16, two Dell Inspiron 1525 an older Inspiron 9400 and my Samsung NC10 that I am typing this on.

XPS M range of notebooks in my opinion cannot be touch for their quality bar Apple notebooks. Inspiron are good at what their intended for but like comparing a family saloon to a Porch or Ferrari.

The XPS will do all you ask but so will the Inspiron, XPS only worth the extra if you intend to speck them up and use the potential, speakers are not great on the XPS M1530 or M1330, even worse on the Inspiron. You need to go up to the XPS M1730 to get great sound out of its inbuilt four surround speakers and Sub Woofer.

pulsar pilot ,what hd is in your machine ,and how old is it ,mine died after around 5 month ,it was a 320 g western digital ,is yours the same ?

pulsar pilot ,what hd is in your machine ,and how old is it ,mine died after around 5 month ,it was a 320 g western digital ,is yours the same ?

No, mine is a 500gig Samsung.
I think it may have been faulty from new, it is 6 weeks old now.I didnt recognise the occasional 'click' as a sign of a Duff drive (bad blocks). Clicks a lot more now, and is slow to boot

Last edited:
hope dell are replacing it as a matter of urgency for you

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom