Dell E228WFP - How much better than SE198WFP?

1ntense

Novice Member
Just received my new Dell Inspiron 530 and to be honest Im not best pleased with both the computer and the service I have received from Dell.

I thought I got a good deal for the PC but when it arrived, firstly there was a part missing.. I ordered the bluetooth keyboard and mouse and could not get this synchronized with the PC as they didnt send me a bluetooth dongle.

I had to go out and buy a new keyboard as my old one didnt have usb connections and the tower only had usbs.

I phoned Dell, anyone who has delt with Dell will know how frustrating this was. I got passed from person to person, eventually I managed to get them to understand that they hadnt sent me the bluetooth dongle. (they blamed the courier

I also think I have picked up a virus of some sorts as when Im on msn and typing, it randomly starts opening boxes and tabs on my firefox (I had 114 last time) It also starts typing 1 letter per line when typing sometimes.

Anyway, I've got the SE198WFP monitor and was thinking about exchanging it for the E228WFP if I dont send the whole thing back, as I havent been very impressed with dvd playback on the 19" monitor.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with these 2 or if anyone knows the difference in quality between the 2..

Regards,

1ntense

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I used the E228WFP for a very brief spell and thought it was a very competent screen. However the one I had delivered was a A00 revision and suffered from quite backlight bleed, the A01's are meant to be a lot better. Apart from the bleed I was quite impressed with the build quality and colour reproduction, so if you manage to get a A01 or above then it is well worth it.

Also, the real estate it gives you over the 19" will be quite tangible too, especially useful if you're a gamer.

Synchro

Distinguished Member
real estate = actual usable screen. i.e not just the size of the actual monitor.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom